This recipe for kale, sausage, and white bean soup is so easy to make. It's the perfect easy meal in fall or winter that's hearty and filling while still being so flavorful.
I love easy to make meals. That's no secret here on the blog. My mission is to bring you more of those to your life so you can make them too.
I hate complicated meals that take a lot of time. I like simple meals that STILL taste like they should have taken a lot of time. This kale soup with sausage and white beans fits the description perfectly. The sausage adds a bit of richness, while the beans add heartiness and the kale adds freshness and that veggie flavor.
This is on the menu forever. Making this weekly during fall and winter when kale is in season. And you can use curly kale or dinosaur kale. Either works. Either is delicious.
- Olive oil
- Sausage Links
- White beans
- Chicken stock
- Salt and pepper
Want more soup ideas?
How to make the soup:
This soup is so easy to make! First, you just heat a pot over medium heat, add the oil until it gets hot, then add chopped onion and sliced sausage.
Cook, stirring frequently until the onion is translucent and the sausage is browned.
Then add the chicken stock/broth and water and heat until boiling. Once boiling, reduce the heat to low, add the white beans and cook for 30 minutes, covered.
Uncover, then add the kale in bunches, until the kale is wilted. Season with salt and pepper and serve.
Kale, Sausage, and White Bean Soup
- 2 Tbsp olive oil
- 1 small white onion diced
- 12 oz smoked sausage links
- 4 cups chicken stock
- 4 cups water
- 2 15 oz cans northern white beans drained and rinsed
- 6 cups kale leaves
- salt and pepper to taste
- Dice the onion, cut the sausage link into slices, and tear the kale leaves into small pieces.
- In a large stew pot, heat the olive oil over medium heat. Once hot, add the white onion and sausage slices. Season with salt and pepper. Stir frequently, until onion is translucent and sausage is slightly browned.
- Add the chicken stock and water to the pot and heat to a boil. Add the beans. Reduce heat to low and simmer for 30 minutes, covered.
- Uncover and add kale in bunches, until wilted. Stir and incorporate into the soup. Cook for another few minutes until kale is soft. Salt and pepper to taste, and serve.