Easy Breakfast Quesadilla
This breakfast quesadilla is so easy to make as so filling!
Prep Time5 mins
Cook Time10 mins
- 2 eggs
- 2 slices bacon cooked, chopped into bites
- 1/4 cup sliced green onions
- 2/3 cup shredded cheese
- 2 tortillas
- 1 Tbsp butter
- 1 Tbsp olive oil
- salsa or avocado (optional)
Prepare bacon, slice green onions, and shred cheese as needed. Crack the two eggs into a small bowl and scramble with a fork.
In a medium skillet, melt 2 Tbsp butter over medium heat. Add the eggs to the pan. Once they start cooking, add the bacon bits and the green onions. Stir and scramble until cooked through. Put into a bowl and then wipe out the skillet.
Take the two tortillas and lay flat. On one half of each one, spread out the cooked eggs.
Top with the shredded cheese, then fold in half.
Add one of the folded tortillas to the pan and cook until browned on one side. Flip carefully, then cook until browned on the other side and cheese is melted. Remove from pan and repeat with the other tortilla.
Cut each tortilla in half and serve with salsa, guacamole salsa, or avocado if desired.
- Instead of cooking one tortilla on top of another.. the way a regular quesadilla is made, I like to just use one quesadilla for each and fold it in half. I find it is MUCH easier to flip that way. Less chance of those precious ingredients falling out!
- I don't specify what type of cheese to use in this recipe, so use whatever you like that will be nice and melty! Monterey jack and cheddar both work great. I'd stay away from parmesan and mozzarella. I use a sharp cheddar cheese when I make this.