Air Fryer Butternut Squash
Air fryer butternut squash is a quick and easy side dish! The butternut squash gets roasted in the air fryer so the outside is deliciously caramelized while the inside gets tender.
- 10 ounces butternut squash ½ inch cubes (about 2 cups)
- 1 Tablespoon olive oil
- ¼ teaspoon dried sage
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- ⅛ teaspoon black pepper
Add your butternut squash cubes to a large bowl. Add the olive oil, sage, salt, and pepper and toss to combine.
Add the squash to the air fryer basket. Air fry for 10-14 minutes at 400 degrees F, shaking every 4-5 minutes.
Remove from the air fryer and serve as desired.
If slicing up your own butternut squash, peel the squash, scoop out the seeds, and then cut the squash into ½ inch cubes. You'll be using 10 oz, or 2 cups of cubes. This will add to the prep time needed.
- All air fryers cook differently. Check frequently for doneness.
- If your squash cubes are larger, you will likely need to add more time. Larger butternut squash cubes may actually take between 20-25 minutes.
- This recipe is easy to double, just make sure not to crowd your air fryer basket.
- If adding maple syrup to your butternut squash before air frying, make sure to check frequently and don't overcook, as the maple syrup might cause your squash to burn.
Calories: 126kcal | Carbohydrates: 17g | Protein: 1g | Fat: 7g | Saturated Fat: 1g | Polyunsaturated Fat: 1g | Monounsaturated Fat: 5g | Sodium: 297mg | Potassium: 501mg | Fiber: 3g | Sugar: 3g | Vitamin A: 15069IU | Vitamin C: 30mg | Calcium: 69mg | Iron: 1mg