Air Fryer Blackened Cod
Air Fryer Blackened Cod is flaky, delicious, and easy to make! This cod is tossed in a blackened seasoning (store-bought or homemade) and air fried to perfection.
- 6 oz cod fillet
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- blackened seasoning enough to coat
- 1 ½ teaspoons smoked paprika
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ¼ teaspoon ground cayenne pepper
- ¼ teaspoon dried thyme leaves
- ¼ teaspoon dried oregano
- ¼ teaspoon dried basil
- ¼ teaspoon black pepper
- ½ teaspoon brown sugar optional
Mix together the blackened seasoning (if making homemade).
Dry the cod fillet with paper towels.
Drizzle the olive oil over the cod and rub to coat all sides.
Coat all sides of the fish in a light layer of the blackened seasoning.
Place cod fillet in the air fryer basket and air fry at 380 degrees F for 10-12 minutes, or until perfectly flaky.
Remove from the air fryer and enjoy.
- Cooking times will depend on the thickness of your piece of cod. Thicker pieces may need an extra 3-4 minutes, while thinner pieces many not need as much time. When cooked, cod should flake easily (safe cooking temperature is 145 degrees F).
- For a less spicy cod, either leave out the cayenne pepper in your seasoning blend or only add a pinch.
- This recipe is easy to double, triple, or quadruple.
Calories: 213kcal | Carbohydrates: 9g | Protein: 32g | Fat: 6g | Saturated Fat: 1g | Polyunsaturated Fat: 1g | Monounsaturated Fat: 3g | Cholesterol: 73mg | Sodium: 1261mg | Potassium: 861mg | Fiber: 2g | Sugar: 3g | Vitamin A: 1776IU | Vitamin C: 3mg | Calcium: 68mg | Iron: 2mg