Peaches and Strawberries with Almond Whipped Cream
This recipe of strawberries and peaches with almond whipped cream and mint is an easy no-bake dessert for summer.
- 1 peach pitted and diced into chunks
- 6-8 strawberries tops removed, quartered
- 7-8 small mint sprigs
- ½ cup heavy cream
- ⅛ cup sugar
- ¼ teaspoon almond extract
Prep the peaches (remove pit and dice into cubes) and strawberries (remove tops and then cut into quarters).
To make the whipped cream, add the heavy cream, sugar, and almond extract to a mixing bowl. Mix on medium-high speed with either a stand mixer or a hand-held mixer until whipped cream is soft and fluffy. (If it looks like butter, you've gone too far).
Put the strawberries, peaches, and mint on a bowl or plate. Top with the whipped cream and enjoy.
- Go ahead and leave the skin on the peaches (unless you hate skin). Makes it so much easier, and I honestly like the peach skin, peel... whatever you want to call it.
- I like to just cut the tops off the strawberries and then quarter them. Easy, and they wind up a great size for this dessert.
- Do NOT over whip your whipped cream. It will turn into the consistency of butter, and no one wants that. Watch it carefully when you're whipping it, and stop the mixer every so often to test out the consistency. You want it to be light and airy, and not too stiff.