These Air Fryer Chicken Fajitas cook up in 15 minutes! They are easy to make and get perfectly charred. The fajitas are flavored with a homemade fajita seasoning blend that coats the chicken and vegetables perfectly.
This post contains some affiliate links, which means that I make a small commission off items you purchase at no additional cost to you. As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.
We haven't eaten at a restaurant in almost a year. And I am really missing things like fajitas. So when I started seeing people make Air Fryer Chicken Fajitas, I knew I needed to try these! These are so tasty and are PERFECTLY seasoned!
Chicken fajitas are so quick to make in the air fryer too! All it takes is a few shakes of the basket to combine everything while they're cooking, and they come up perfect! The onions and peppers get nicely charred, and the chicken is juicy and delicious. They only take 15 minutes to cook in the air fryer!
- Chicken breast
- Bell Peppers
- Olive oil
- Fajita seasoning - cumin, chili powder, garlic powder, salt, pepper
- When slicing your chicken breast, slice it into thin strips, similar to how you slice the onion and pepper. You can see in my photos, my chicken is a similar size to the onion and pepper slices.
- Different air fryers cook differently. Start checking for doneness around 12 minutes, and cook for longer if needed. 15 minutes was perfect in my air fryer to get everything charred and cooked through.
- Really make sure you've tossed all your veggies and chicken in the oil and then distributed the seasoning throughout the bowl when mixing. This will make sure everything is perfectly seasoned.
- I used 2 bell peppers (orange and red), when I made this dish, but you can actually use more if you want. And it doesn't matter which colors you use! Yellow, green, orange, red? Use what you love (and have on hand!)
Which air fryer to use?
I have this air fryer and I love it! It's the perfect size for making these chicken fajitas. If you're using a smaller air fryer, you may want to toss more frequently, just to make sure everything is getting cooked through and everything has a chance to get that slightly charred flavor. The kind I have is the basket kind.
If you're using the tray kind, spread out the fajita mixture onto the trays and toss every 4-5 minutes.
How to make the fajitas:
First, slice up your chicken, half an onion, and two bell peppers into thin strips. Remove the top and insides of the bell peppers before slicing. Add to a bowl.
In another small bowl, make your fajita seasoning. Add your cumin, chili powder, garlic powder, salt and pepper to a bowl. Stir to combine.
Add the olive oil to the chicken and vegetables. Toss with your hands until oil is distributed. Then add the fajita seasoning and toss until seasoning is mixed through the chicken and vegetables.
Place your chicken and vegetables in your air fryer basket. Make sure they are spread out. Cook for 15 minutes at 390 degrees F, opening your air fryer basket and tossing every 4-5 minutes.
Serve with tortillas and enjoy!
How to serve the fajitas:
- On a tortilla - we love to lightly toast our tortillas over our gas stove
- Topped with a squeeze of lime juice
- With your favorite salsa
- With an easy guacamole - I actually just mashed up one large avocado with the juice from half a lime and it was the perfect topping for the fajitas!
Looking for more air fryer recipes? Try these!
- Air Fryer Cinnamon Sugar French Toast Sticks
- Air Fryer Pizza Rolls
- Air Fryer Frozen Shrimp
- Air Fryer Kale Chips
- Air Fryer Zucchini
- Air Fryer Teriyaki Salmon
Air Fryer Chicken Fajitas
- Air Fryer
- 1 large chicken breast
- 2 bell peppers
- ½ onion
- 1 Tbsp olive oil
- 1 tsp cumin
- 1 ½ tsp chili powder
- ½ tsp garlic powder
- ½ tsp salt
- ¼ tsp ground black pepper
- 1 avocado
- ½ lime
- Take your bell peppers and remove the tops. Cut out the center part and remove seeds of bell peppers. Cut each bell pepper into thin strips and place into a medium bowl.
- Cut the onion and chicken into thin strips. Add to the bowl.
- Mix cumin, chili powder, garlic powder, salt, and pepper together in a small bowl. Stir to combine.
- Add the olive oil to the chicken, pepper, and onion strips. Mix until oil coats everything. Add the fajita seasoning to the bowl and mix together with a spoon or your hands until seasoning coats chicken, peppers, and onion.
- Place the uncooked fajitas in the basket of your air fryer. Make sure mixture is spread out.
- Cook in your air fryer for 15 minutes at 390 degrees F, tossing every 4-5 minutes and checking for doneness around 12 minutes. Cook until vegetables are charred and chicken is cooked through.
- If desired, mash up one avocado with juice from ½ a lime. Serve the chicken fajitas on tortillas and top with avocado mixture.