What do you do when you have a giant carton of blackberries in your fridge? You make a cocktail!
What do you do when you’re pregnant and can’t have cocktails? You make something that feels like you’re drinking a cocktail, but is sans alcohol. The secret is adding a garnish and a pretty straw. That makes you feel fancy.
Josh made a giant pitcher of iced (decaf) green tea, so I decided to try out the combination of blackberry and tea. And I gotta say, I’m a fan.
This drink is pretty simple to make. Just muddle blackberries and mint in the bottom of a glass, add ice cubes, pour some iced tea and a touch of simple syrup over the top, stir, and add garnishes. Voila! Almost makes you not miss alcohol. Almost.
This was so nice to enjoy on a hot afternoon. It’s heating up here in Austin, and it’s now necessary to find all the dishes and drinks that keep us cool. This will definitely be on the rotation going forward.
Blackberry Iced Tea with Mint
- 3/4 cup iced green tea
- 4 large blackberries
- 3 mint leaves plus more for garnish
- 2 tsp simple syrup
- 1/2 slice lemon
- In a tumbler or glass, muddle together 3 blackberries and 3 mint leaves.
- Add cubes of ice to the glass.
- Add the simple syrup and top with the iced tea.
- Stir with cocktail stirrer or straw so tea, simple syrup, and blackberries are mixed together.
- Top with lemon slice, blackberry, and additional mint, if desired.