Calabrian potatoes are an easy and delicious dish made with Calabrian chili paste, olive oil, and spices. This is a slightly spicy dish that is perfect paired with your favorite chicken or fish.
Calabrian chili potatoes are so delicious and easy to make. The chili paste gives the potatoes just the right amount of spicy heat. Add a squeeze of fresh lemon juice and fresh herbs, and you'll feel like you were transported right to Italy.
- Red potatoes
- Calabrian chili paste
- Olive oil
- Garlic powder
- Lemon (optional)
What is Calabrian chili paste?
Calabrian chili paste is a paste made by crushing dried peppers with olive oil. Salt and vinegar are often included. It makes a bright, spicy condiment that has a delicious acidity. It comes from the Calabria region of Italy.
The chili paste packs a punch, so a little goes a long way!
Still can't find it? Here are the best substitutes for Calabrian chili paste.
How to store leftovers:
Leftover Calabrian chili potatoes can be cooled, then stored in an airtight container in the refrigerator for 2-3 days. To reheat, simply place in the microwave, or to retain the crispiness of the potatoes, reheat in the oven or air fryer.
How to serve the potatoes:
Want to spice it up a little more? Take a tablespoon of Calabrian chili paste, juice from ½ a lemon, and 2 tablespoons of butter and heat in a small skillet. Pour over the potatoes for a buttery, spicy sauce.
- The roasting time of the potatoes will depend on how large you cut the potatoes (and also the type of potato you use). If you wind up using russet potatoes or yukon gold potatoes, the cook time may be longer or shorter.
- These potatoes have a bit of heat, but not too much. To amplify the heat, add more Calabrian chili paste to the potatoes.
How to make the Calabrian potatoes:
Preheat oven to 400 degrees F. Scrub and dry the potatoes. Take the red potatoes and cut into 1 inch pieces.
In a large bowl, add the Calabrian chili paste, olive oil, garlic powder, and salt and stir to combine.
Add the diced potatoes to the bowl and stir until potatoes are coated in the Calabrian sauce.
Spread out on a sheet pan.
Bake for 20 minutes, then toss and bake for another 15-20 minutes until potatoes are crispy, but inside is fork-tender. Serve with lemon and fresh herbs. Season with additional salt and pepper to taste.
More potato recipes:
- Air Fryer Smashed Potatoes
- Melting Sweet Potatoes
- Buffalo Smashed Potatoes
- Air Fryer Lemony Baby Potatoes
Like this recipe? Try these!
Spicy Calabrian Potatoes
- 5 red potatoes medium size
- 1 Tablespoon calabrian chili paste
- 1 Tablespoon olive oil
- ¼ teaspoon garlic powder
- ½ teaspoon salt
- lemon optional
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees F.
- Wash and scrub the potatoes. Dice into 1 inch chunks.
- Into a large bowl, add the Calabrian chili paste, olive oil, garlic powder, and salt. Stir to combine. Add the diced potatoes to the bowl and stir to coat.
- Spread out the potatoes onto a baking sheet and place in the oven. Roast for 20 minutes, then toss and cook another 15-20 minutes until potatoes are crispy and cooked through.
- Remove from the oven. Serve with lemon and fresh herbs.
If nutrition info is shown, values are based on an online calculator and are estimates. Please verify using your own data.