These margherita naan pizzas with fresh basil are easy to make and are a quick lunch, snack, or easy dinner. They are family-friendly and great for adults and kids.
Easy meals like this simple naan pizza are my FAVORITE. When you have an energetic toddler, cooking quick meals either while she is napping or in those five glorious minutes where she entertains herself is KEY.
This naan pizza is so quick and so easy that we make it probably far too frequently around here. All it takes is some naan bread (fresh or frozen), shredded mozzarella, tomato sauce, and fresh basil. Easy lunch or dinner.
- Naan bread - You can use fresh naan, refrigerated naan, or frozen naan in this recipe. We've done it all!
- Tomato sauce - I just use plain tomato sauce here.
- Mozzarella cheese - Pre-shredded or fresh both work great. Use fresh mozzarella for a more classic margherita pizza, but if all you have is shredded (which is me most of the time, use that!)
- Oregano - Dried is great here! We always keep dried oregano in our spice drawer. If you prefer to use Italian seasoning, you can use that.
- Fresh Basil - You can find fresh basil in the produce section of your grocery store. I love keeping a basil plant around and snipping leaves off as I need them! One of my favorite herbs.
What is naan?
Naan is a type of flatbread that is typically made with yogurt, flour, and other ingredients. It is perfect for pizzas or just serving alongside soups or other meals.
Where do you find naan bread?
Naan is really easy to find! At our regular grocery store, it's with the other packaged breads. At Costco, it's usually in the aisle with all the loaves of sliced bread. And Trader Joe's has versions too (typically in the frozen section).
- All ovens cook differently. 10 minutes worked perfectly for me to cook the naan and melt the cheese, but yours could take a bit more time.
- This recipe is EASILY cut in half. When I'm just making it for Josh and myself, I usually just make half the amount.
- If you like crispy cheese, you can always broil for a minute or two!
- Fresh basil is SO good on this. I don’t recommend skipping.
- If you’re using bigger slices of naan, I recommend slicing each pizza to make it easier to eat. We actually slice our toddler's into a bunch of small triangles.
- These are so easy to customize! If you want, throw some pepperoni on there or even pineapple if you’re crazy.
- Cheeseburger naan pizza - Top your naan pizza with some tomato sauce, then cheddar cheese and pre-cooked hamburger meat. If desired, add small diced pickles or pickle relish after it comes out of the oven.
- Hawaiian naan pizza - Top with tomato sauce, cheese, pineapple and pre-cooked ham or bacon.
- BBQ chicken naan pizza - Use bbq sauce instead of tomato sauce, and top with pre-cooked chicken and cheese. Once it comes out of the oven, throw some sliced green onions on the top.
- Chicken pesto naan pizza - Put a layer of pesto on the pizza, top with cooked chicken and cheese.
Love this recipe? Try these other easy meals!
- Easy cheesy pasta bake
- Easy fried rice
- Easy corn chowder
- Air fryer salmon
- Creamy calabrian pasta
- Air fryer tortilla pizza
- Air fryer quesadilla
- 4 large naan or 8 small naan flatbreads
- 1 15 oz can tomato sauce
- 1 8 oz bag shredded mozzarella cheese
- dried oregano
- 6-8 fresh basil leaves
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F.
- On a baking sheet (or 2), place the naan flatbreads. Top with tomato sauce and sprinkle dried oregano on each pizza. Top with the shredded mozzarella.
- Place in the oven and cook for 10 minutes.
- While pizza is cooking, wash the basil leaves and then slice into strips.
- Once the pizza is done and removed from the oven, sprinkle the sliced basil over the pizzas. Cut each pizza into quarters (if large naan), and enjoy!
If nutrition info is shown, values are based on an online calculator and are estimates. Please verify using your own data.
Leave a Reply