These roasted green beans are an easy and simple side dish. They are delicious as is, but you can also customize as you like!
Roasted green beans are one of the easiest side dishes to make. The green beans get all caramelized, so they have a slightly crispy exterior, but a soft middle. They taste sweet, and it's easy to love vegetables with a side dish like this. We make these at least once a week at our house.
And yes, so easy! It only takes 4 ingredients, and tossing them in the oven, and then you have a healthy, delicious vegetable to pair with lunch or dinner. Even my two year old loves these! And we know how hard it is to get toddlers to eat vegetables.
So I mentioned only four ingredients. And I bet you have them on hand... as long as you have green beans.
- Green beans - Hello, the star of the dish! These days, I have zero time, so I tend to get the prewashed, already trimmed ones. But get what you can find at your grocery store! Grow them in your garden? Even better! Just make sure they are washed and the ends snipped before cooking, so you don't have any stems on there.
- Olive oil - I love olive oil for coating these. If you don't have olive oil, you can use another oil you have on hand.
- Salt - For seasoning! Every dish needs a touch of salt.
- Pepper - Also for seasoning!
One of the things I love about easy, simple dishes is how easy they are to customize. Here are some ideas to make this green bean dish yours:
- Top with lemon zest and juice for a bit of brightness
- Top with sliced almonds for a bit of crunch
- Add a dash of red chili flakes for a bit of heat
- Add mint or parsley (after cooking) for a bit of freshness
- Add crispy onions for a bit of crunch
Serve these roasted green beans with:
- Panko Crusted Cod
- Chicken Piccata
- Baked Cod with a Lemon Shallot Sauce
- Air Fryer Tuna Patties
- Air Fryer Salmon
How to make the green beans
This green bean dish is so easy. First, preheat your oven to 400 degrees F. Next, either on a baking sheet or foil-lined baking sheet, add your green beans. Drizzle a little olive oil over them and a sprinkling of salt and pepper.
Toss the green beans to combine and make sure each one has been tossed in a bit of oil. Spread out on the baking sheet, and then pop into the oven to cook.
About 10 minutes in, stir, then return to the oven for another 10 minutes. Remove and plate!
Roasted Green Beans
- 12 oz green beans washed and cut
- olive oil
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees F.
- Take a baking sheet, and line with foil if desired. Take your green beans and add them to the baking sheet.
- Drizzle with a bit of olive oil (about 2 Tbsp), and toss to combine.
- Sprinkle with salt and pepper and toss. Make sure the green beans are spread out and evenly distributed on the baking sheet.
- Place in the oven and bake for 20 minutes, stirring halfway through.
- Remove from the oven, plate, and enjoy!
If nutrition info is shown, values are based on an online calculator and are estimates. Please verify using your own data.
Leave a Reply