It’s really hot in Austin. That means it’s time for cool desserts that don’t require any baking. Bonus points if they are easy and delicious. This limeade pie checks all the boxes. Even better? It’s only FIVE ingredients, including the crust!
Basically, that’s because you just buy 5 ingredients, then you mix four of them together and pour them into a store-bought graham cracker crust. Is the limeade pie impressive? Meh. I mean, there are fancier desserts. But is it delicious? Yes? Is it easy? Yes. Is it cooling? Yes.
My grandma used to serve a version of this that was a lemonade pie. And we would eat it all the time during the summer. I have the recipe for that lemonade pie on the blog too! But I decided to make a limeade pie version. And I added the juice from a lime and topped it with lime zest to give it that extra bit of lime flavor.
Some tips for making the pie successfully:
- You do need to thaw the Cool Whip in the refrigerator (at least 5 hours) before using. Don’t try to do it straight from freezer. It won’t mix properly with the other ingredients.
- Thaw the limeade. The recipe uses 6oz of limeade, but I can only seem to find 12 oz containers, so I just measure out 6 oz with a measuring cup after it’s thawed. DO NOT use the whole thing of limeade. Your pie will most likely come out too watery and won’t set properly.
- Be sure to refrigerate the pie AT LEAST 12 hours before cutting and serving. While this isn’t a super-firm pie, you still want it properly set before you try to cut and serve. I also like to stick the pie in the freezer for about 10 minutes before serving. It makes it much easier to cut (especially those first slices!)
Five Ingredient Limeade Pie
- 1 graham cracker crust
- 6 oz frozen limeade concentrate thawed
- 1 8 oz container Cool Whip thawed in refrigerator
- 1 14 oz can sweetened condensed milk
- 1 lime zest and juice
- Mix the limeade, Cool Whip, sweetened condensed milk, and juice of 1 lime together in a large bowl. Stir until completely combined.
- Pour into the pie crust and cover with the plastic lid.
- Refrigerate overnight, at least 8 hours, before serving.
- Before serving, stick pie in freezer for 5-10 minutes for easier cutting.
- Top with lime zest, if desired.