Okay, this recipe for lemonade pie is almost TOO easy. You simply mix three of the ingredients together, put it in the pie shell, and chill. I can’t believe it always turns out as good as it does, because it seems too simple.
I grew up eating this pie. My grandma would often make this wonderfully creamy and tart lemonade pie as for a dessert with Sunday lunch. So to me, this is my grandma’s recipe and one that always reminds me of being at her house on Sundays.
Growing up, I actually didn’t like the pie filling that much. Sure, I liked it enough, but I liked the crust even more, with just a hint of the filling on there. So I would often scrape off most of the filling and eat the crust. Luckily, my sister and I discovered that she didn’t really like the crust, but loved the filling. She would eat her piece of pie, leaving the crust for me.
Now I eat the entire slice (or lemonade pie… oops) because I’ve realized that it is all delicious together. Ah the joys of getting older and having your tastes mature. That filing is so creamy, tart, and sweet. And the graham cracker pie crust adds that amount of slightly crunchy texture that is so needed, otherwise you feel like you are just eating pudding. (Actually, the filling would make a delicious pudding!)
And so I give you, the easiest pie I know how to make. Four ingredient lemonade pie. Perfect for those hot summer days, when you just want a cool dessert and have no desire to turn on the oven.
A few recipe notes:
- It can be hard to find a 6 oz can of lemonade concentrate sometimes. If you can’t find any, get the 12 oz and just use half of the can.
- I like to chill this overnight so it sets properly. In a pinch, you can chill it for less time, but it may be too soft.
- You can top this with lemon slices (like I did), but berries would also make a tasty topping! Or stay classic and don’t even include a topping.
Four Ingredient Lemonade Pie
- 1 graham cracker crust
- 1 6 oz can frozen lemonade concentrate thawed
- 1 8 oz container cool whip thawed in the refrigerator
- 1 14 oz can sweetened condensed milk
- In a medium bowl, add the cool whip, lemonade concentrate, and sweetened condensed milk.
- Stir until all the ingredients are completely combined.
- Pour into the graham cracker crust.
- Put the lid back on the pie and place into the refrigerator to cool overnight, at least 8 hours.
- Top as desired and serve.