These air fryer cinnamon sweet potatoes are lightly sweetened with maple syrup. This is a healthy side dish that is perfect for fall and winter, but delicious any time of year.
Sweet potatoes and cinnamon seem like a match made in heaven. Add the sweetness of maple syrup, and voila! A delicious side dish that feels like dessert.
While you can make these in the oven (scroll below for instructions), I love using my air fryer. It's quick and easy, and doesn't require heating up my whole oven for sweet potatoes!
- Sweet potatoes
- Maple syrup
- Olive oil
What type of air fryer should I use?
This sweet potato recipe will work in any air fryer! I personally have the Cosori Max XL Air Fryer and I love it. I've also used my mom's Dash Air Fryer, which is perfect for those looking for a smaller air fryer. Not sure which one to get? Check out this post about 5 Things to Consider Before Buying an Air Fryer.
Can I make these with brown sugar?
Yes! To make these brown sugar cinnamon sweet potatoes instead, just swap out the maple syrup for the brown sugar.
Season the sweet potatoes with cinnamon, maple syrup, and other ingredients as directed in the recipe. Preheat your oven to 425 degrees F. Add the sweet potatoes in an even layer. Cook for 30-35 minutes, tossing every 10 minutes. Sweet potatoes should be tender and cooked all the way through.
How to reheat:
To reheat the cinnamon sweet potatoes, you have several options!
First, you can reheat right in your air fryer! Just put the potatoes back in the air fryer for 6-7 minutes until hot.
You can also reheat in a skillet. Add a touch of oil to a hot skillet, and then reheat, stirring occasionally until hot and cooked through.
And finally, you can reheat in the oven. Just place in the oven at 350 F and reheat for 10-15 minutes until hot.
How to serve:
These air fryer sweet potatoes are perfect as a side dish to so many meals!
- Air Fryer Greek Chicken Thighs
- Air Fryer Honey Dijon Salmon
- Air Fryer Buffalo Chicken Thighs
- Air Fryer Chili Lime Chicken Thighs
How to make:
In a large bowl, add your olive oil, maple syrup, cinnamon, nutmeg, and salt.
Stir to combine.
Peel and dice your sweet potatoes into ½ inch cubes.
Mix together so sweet potatoes are coated in the cinnamon maple syrup mixture.
Preheat your air fryer for 5 minutes at 400 degrees F. The, place your sweet potatoes in your air fryer.
Cook at 400 F for 13-15 minutes, tossing every 5 minutes. Potatoes should be tender when poked with a fork.
Air Fryer Maple Cinnamon Sweet Potatoes
- Air Fryer
- 2 sweet potatoes
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 tablespoon maple syrup
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- ⅛ teaspoon nutmeg
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- salt and pepper to taste
- Take the olive oil, maple syrup, cinnamon, nutmeg, and salt and mix together in a large bowl.
- Preheat your air fryer at 400 degrees for 5 minutes.
- Peel your sweet potatoes and dice into ½ inch cubes.
- Add the sweet potatoes to the bowl and toss in the maple cinnamon mixture to combine.
- Add the sweet potatoes to the air fryer basket, making sure they are spread out in an even layer as much as possible.
- Cook for 13-15 minutes, tossing every 5 minutes. Potatoes should be cooked through and tender when pierced with a fork.