Air fryer potstickers or dumplings are so easy to cook from frozen! These potstickers get crispy on the outside while the inside remains flavorful and delicious. Try making air fryer frozen potstickers with your favorite bag of dumplings.
While most frozen potstickers require searing and steaming to get that perfect crispy texture while the inside gets properly steamed, this method allows you to simply cook them in the air fryer for only 7 minutes!
Who loves potstickers? Looks around, raises hand high.
I was at a dumpling party once where a bunch of friends made dumplings together, with us all folding a ton, cooking, and then enjoying. However, it was a LOT of work. So tasty, but a lot of work.
Luckily, the frozen versions are SO delicious. You can get vegetarian versions, chicken versions, pork versions, and I'm sure more kinds I'm not even aware of! Honestly, I'm not sure I've met one I haven't loved.
However, even cooking frozen potstickers can be daunting for the faint of heart. Most require searing and then steaming in water. And since I'm all about my air fryer these days (this is the one I have and love), I wanted a crispy version to make in my air fryer.
Verdict? Delicious. Perfectly crispy. Perfectly cooked inside. 100% delicious. No sticking to the pan.
Do I need to preheat my air fryer?
In this recipe for air fryer potstickers, I do recommend preheating. This will get the basket hot before you add the potstickers, allowing them to crisp up nicely.
I preheat mine on 400 degrees F for 5 minutes.
Can I reheat the potstickers?
Yes, you can! Store any leftovers in the refrigerator in an airtight container. To reheat, cook in the air fryer for 2 minutes at 350 degrees F.
What dipping sauces go well with these?
If you're a potsticker lover, you are probably used to serving these with your favorite sauce! If you're new to potstickers, here are several suggestions:
- Gyoza sauce - This is a sauce made with soy sauce and rice vinegar and sometimes has other spices and seasonings.
- Sweet chili sauce - This is a spicy sauce that is made with vinegar, sugar, and other seasonings.
- Soy sauce - I often use soy sauce or tamari to dip potstickers in. It can be a little salty and strong, so it also works well diluted with a bit of water.
- A homemade creation - I always love creating my own sauces, based on what I'm in the mood for! I love mixing soy sauce with some water, sweet chili sauce, and a sprinkling of garlic powder. I mix that all together for a flavorful dipping sauce.
What should I serve with these?
Other than the sauce, you can serve the potstickers alongside many dishes as an appetizer or side dish. Here are a few suggestions:
How to make:
First step, brush a little oil on your air fryer basket. Then preheat your air fryer for 5 minutes on 400 degrees F.
After that, add your potstickers to the air fryer! Add them in a single layer, flat side down.
Cook for 4 minutes at 350 degrees F, then flip and cook for an additional 3 minutes.
Potstickers should be crispy on the outside and hot on the inside. Let stand for two minutes, then serve with your favorite sauce.
- All air fryers heat differently. Please check for doneness! You can also throw 2 potstickers in at the beginning and test just to make sure they cooked properly without getting too done for your liking.
- This does make the scalloped edge of the potsticker crispy, which I love, while keeping the inside moist and delicious. If you don't prefer your potstickers as crispy, you may want to cook at a lower temperature or cook via the traditional method.
- Never spray your air fryer basket with traditional cooking spray, as this can damage the coating on the basket. Brush your basket with oil using a silicone brush or create your own spray bottle with oil.
Air Fryer Frozen Potstickers
- Air Fryer
- 8 potstickers frozen
- 2 tsp cooking oil
- With a silicone brush, brush oil onto the air fryer basket.
- Preheat the air fryer for 5 minutes at 400 degrees F.
- Add the potstickers, flat side down, and cook for 4 minutes at 350 degrees F.
- Flip the potstickers and cook for another 3 minutes.
- Remove, let rest for 2 minutes, and serve with your favorite dipping sauce.