Homemade bang bang sauce is so easy to make! This creamy spicy sauce adds a nice kick to any food. I love it with seafood, shrimp, chicken, or drizzled over vegetables.
I'm such a fan of sauces and how they can transform a dish.
Boring french fries? Add a dipping sauce! Sad veggies? Add a drizzle of a sauce. Blah chicken? Spice it up with a sauce!
Sauces can really take a dish to the the next level, and this homemade bang bang sauce certainly does that. Even better is that is is easy to make using only 4 ingredients.
What is bang bang sauce?
Bang Bang sauce is a mayonnaise-based sauce that has a bit of a spicy kick. It also has sweetness from the sweet chili sauce.
It was popularized by Bonefish Grill for coating their Bang Bang Shrimp appetizer. However, it's delicious on a variety of dishes, including vegetables. I love dipping french fries in bang bang sauce.
- Mayonnaise - Mayo gives the sauce its creamy notes and mellows out the spice. You can use vegan mayo or regular mayo.
- Sweet chili sauce - The sweet chili sauce gives the bang bang sauce that nice sweetness and also adds a touch of spice.
- Sriracha - The sriracha gives the bang bang sauce that needed spicy kick.
- Lemon juice (optional) - I like the acidity and slight sourness that the lemon juice brings to the sauce. However, this is optional, so you can leave out if desired.
How to customize
To customize the sauce, you can leave out the lemon or add a little vinegar in place of the lemon. A little goes a long way though!
While I think the sauce is sweet enough thanks to the sweet chili sauce, if you do want it sweeter, you can add a little honey or maple syrup.
And if you want the sauce a touch spicier, add more sriracha!
How do you use bang bang sauce?
I love using bang bang sauce to drizzle on vegetables or make the popular bang bang shrimp!
I also love making this bang bang salmon that is so delicious, especially when served with rice and vegetables.
How long does bang bang sauce last in the refrigerator?
Store bang bang sauce in the refrigerator in an airtight container for up to 7 days.
How to make bang bang sauce
Making homemade bang bang sauce is so easy! Simply add the mayo, sriracha, sweet chili sauce, and lemon juice to a bowl.
Stir until completely combined and you're done! Ready to use that delicious easy bang bang sauce however you like.
Other sauces to make
More recipes to love
Bang Bang Sauce
- ⅓ cup mayonnaise
- 3 Tablespoons sweet chili sauce
- 1 teaspoon sriracha
- 1 Tablespoon lemon juice optional
- Add all the ingredients to a bowl.
- Stir until combined, then use as desired.