These Greek-inspired scrambled eggs are studded with tomatoes and feta, and then topped with herbaceous dill. This is a healthy and flavorful scrambled egg recipe that you'll want to eat every day.
Recently I made a dish with fresh tomatoes, feta, and dill. That means I also had leftover tomatoes, feta, and dill. So I decided to make scrambled eggs with them for breakfast! And I have to say, these feta scrambled eggs are something I've made at least 10 times since then. They are just so flavorful and a delicious take on my normal scrambled eggs.
Tomatoes and feta are just a match made in heaven. Anyone who remembers the feta pasta trend will agree with this! And these Greek-inspired scrambled eggs bring them together beautifully.
The key to these feta scrambled eggs are to use the feta in two ways. First, you mix the feta into the hot eggs. And then you use some of the feta sprinkled on top. This allows for delicious feta flavor without being overpowering.
- Feta (crumbled)
- Roma tomato
- Olive oil
- Salt and pepper
What is feta cheese?
Feta is a Greek white cheese that typically comes from sheep's or goat's milk. It's a soft cheese that is typically formed into large blocks and then aged in brine. You can buy the blocks of it, or crumbled, as shown below.
Where can you find feta cheese?
Feta cheese can be found in most grocery stores these days! Trader Joe's, Whole Foods, your local grocery store. For this recipe, I like to get the pre-crumbled kind. You'll get some bigger pieces and some smaller pieces, as you can see in the photo above.
- Different stoves can heat differently. Cook your feta eggs to the desired level of doneness.
- This recipe goes great with fresh dill, but you can use dried dill. If you don't like dill, you can swap it out for oregano.
- Want to use cherry tomatoes instead of roma tomatoes? Slice them into quarters before cooking.
How to make:
As with any recipe, first I like to prep my ingredients. I dice up my roma tomato and chop up my fresh dill.
Next, heat up the olive oil in a medium skillet and add olive oil. Add the tomatoes and cook. Then, add the eggs and cook until almost done, and then add the feta.
Stir, then plate and top the eggs with more feta and chopped dill. Season with salt and pepper.
Looking for more scrambled eggs recipes? Try this scrambled eggs with chives or this scrambled eggs with spinach.
Looking for more tomato recipes? Try this tomato and ricotta puff pastry tart or these air fryer roasted tomatoes.
Greek Feta Scrambled Eggs
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 eggs
- 1 roma tomato
- 2 tablespoon feta cheese crumbled, divided
- fresh dill optional
- Dice your roma tomato into small pieces and chop some fresh dill.
- Heat olive oil in a small skillet over medium-low heat.
- Add diced tomato and cook for 2-3 minutes, stirring frequently.
- Add the scrambled eggs. Cook for 3-4 minutes, stirring frequently until almost done.
- Add 1 tablespoon feta cheese and stir into the eggs.
- Plate the eggs, then top with 1 tablespoon feta cheese and fresh dill (or other herbs). Season with salt and pepper.
If nutrition info is shown, values are based on an online calculator and are estimates. Please verify using your own data.
Leave a Reply