Scrambled eggs with spinach are a healthy and delicious breakfast. These cheesy scrambled eggs are fluffy and the addition of spinach makes the perfect scramble. This recipe uses mozzarella cheese, but it can be easily swapped with parmesan, cheddar, or even feta.
This scrambled egg recipe is such an easy way to make a healthy breakfast. But the end result is beautiful and feels fancy.
This is a brunch-worthy recipe that's easy enough to make in the morning before work but sophisticated enough to make for your loves. This is a dish I would double (or triple) and make for my husband or mom.
And if you have kids and they love eggs? It might even be a way to sneak in some vegetables into their breakfast.
This spinach scramble is creamy with the addition of mozzarella cheese. Add some crushed red pepper flakes for a touch of spice. And you have a delicious egg dish that winds up being the colors of the Italian flag.
- Mozzarella cheese
- Olive oil
- Red pepper flakes (optional)
Can you use a different type of cheese?
You absolutely can use a different type of cheese.
Mozzarella tends to be a milder, creamy cheese. If you use something like a sharp cheddar or a parmesan cheese instead, you will probably want to reduce the amount of cheese.
So you may only use 1-2 tablespoons of parmesan instead of ¼ cup. You can even you something like feta!
Should you chop the spinach leaves?
You can if you want, but baby spinach leaves tend to wilt down easily and don't require chopping for this egg recipe. However, you can absolutely cut them into smaller pieces if you prefer.
How to serve:
These florentine eggs would be delicious with a breakfast hash for something savory.
To pair with citrus, I suggest this bruleed grapefruit or winter citrus salad.
The scrambled eggs also are delicious with a smoothie like this cinnamon banana smoothie or this blueberry oatmeal smoothie.
To pair with something sweet, I recommend this raspberry dutch baby pancake or these easy biscuit donuts.
I also love the eggs with air fryer twisted bacon or air fryer english muffins.
- Want spice but not with red pepper flakes? Use your favorite hot sauce or spicy salsa to top your spinach and eggs.
- Add some cooked chopped bacon or sausage.
- Swap out the type of cheese.
- Use kale or other greens instead of spinach.
- Add some diced avocado.
- Saute some bell peppers and add to the scramble.
More egg recipes
How to make
Making the spinach and egg scramble is so easy! First, crack your eggs into a bowl.
Scramble together with a fork or whisk.
Add your cheese and mix.
Heat olive oil in a skillet. Then add your spinach and cook for a couple of minutes, stirring frequently.
Spinach should wilt like this.
Add your egg mixture and cook, stirring frequently.
Plate! Top with more cheese and red pepper flakes (optional).
Scrambled Eggs and Spinach
- 2 eggs
- ¼ cup shredded mozzarella plus extra for topping
- 1 cup baby spinach loosely packed
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- red pepper flakes
- Take your eggs and crack them into a medium bowl. Scramble with a fork or a whisk.
- Add your shredded cheese to the eggs and mix to combine.
- Heat a medium skillet over medium heat. Add the olive oil and let heat for 30 seconds.
- Add the spinach and saute for 2 minutes, stirring freqently until spinach is wilted.
- Add your egg mixture to the pan and cook on medium-low heat for 2-3 minutes, stirring frequently until eggs are cooked.
- Plate, then season with salt and pepper. Top with more cheese and red pepper flakes if desired.
If nutrition info is shown, values are based on an online calculator and are estimates. Please verify using your own data.
Leave a Reply