Sometimes simplicity is best. I love recipes that aren’t overly complicated. Especially now with a new baby that is still demanding the majority of my attention. If I can whip something up in 5 minutes? Perfect.
Enter these scrambled eggs. They are light, fluffy, and the green onions add something special.
What inspired this recipe was a trip to the farmer’s market here in downtown Austin. We wound up spotting these beautiful green onions. They were so fresh, and I knew they would accompany scrambled eggs perfectly. A match made in breakfast heaven.
In this recipe, I cooked some green onions with the eggs, and then topped with a few more. Maximum green onion flavor without being too overpowering.
Soft Scrambled Eggs with Green Onions
- 2 eggs
- 1 Tbsp heavy cream
- 1 Tbsp butter 1/2 for toast, 1/2 for pan
- 1 slice of bread
- 1 Tbsp green onions sliced (with more for garnish, if desired)
- salt and pepper
- Crack the eggs into a small bowl. Add the heavy cream. Whisk together. Add the green onions and stir. Set aside.
- Heat a small nonstick pan over medium heat. Add 1/2 Tbsp butter to the pan.
- While waiting for butter to melt, add a piece of toast to the toaster and toast.
- Once butter is melted, swish around the pan so that the bottom is covered. Pour the eggs into the pan. With a rubber spatula, stir the eggs. Keep stirring every 30 seconds or so, until eggs are cooked through.
- Remove the toast from the toaster and spread 1/2 Tbsp butter on it. Top with the cooked eggs and any additional green onions. Add salt and pepper to taste.