This cranberry ginger mocktail is easy to make and the perfect holiday mocktail. It's tart, sweet, and gingery! The perfect use for sparkling apple cider and cranberries.
Mocktails. Non-alcoholic cocktails. Virgin cocktails? Whatever you want to call them, they are delicious. Gone are the days when a mocktail meant club soda with a squeeze of lime. Now, we're getting much more creative. Mocktails these days are fancy, and creative, and full of fun flavors.
This cranberry ginger apple mocktail uses a few key ingredients to deliver on flavors. And you won't regret it.
- Cranberry simple syrup - Cranberry simple syrup adds a concentrated cranberry and sugar flavor to this mocktail
- Ginger beer - Despite the name, most ginger beer is non-alocholic, making it the perfect mixer for mocktails! Always check the brand of ginger beer you're buying, to be sure. Some will contain .5% alcohol, while others contain none.
- Sparkling apple cider - Sparkling apple cider adds a bit of apple flavor and a bit of bubbly! It's also pretty sweet, so it's paired with ginger beer to tone down the sweetness of the cranberry mocktail
- Fresh cranberries (for garnish) - So easy to find this time of year! This is optional. You can also use fresh rosemary sprigs for garnish, or leave off the garnish altogether
What is ginger beer?
Ginger beer is typically a lightly carbonated, unsweetened beverage that is flavored with ginger. You'll recognize it in popular cocktails like the moscow mule. However, while most ginger beers don't have any alcohol, check the label to be sure.
What is cranberry simple syrup?
Cranberry simple syrup is made with cranberries, sugar, and water. It concentrates the sweetness and cranberry flavor for use in cocktails and mocktails (like this one)!
Can you use cranberry juice?
You can use cranberry juice, but it will not be as concentrated as the cranberry simple syrup. If you're going to use cranberry juice, use ¾ oz instead of ½ oz. If doing so also use ¾ ounce ginger beer.
How to make the holiday mocktail:
To make the cranberry ginger mocktail, take out champagne glasses. Add ½ ounce cranberry simple syrup, 1 ounce ginger beer, then top with the sparkling apple cider.
Other mocktail recipes:
- Orange cinnamon mocktail
- Cranberry orange fizz with rosemary
- Sparkling sage lime gimlet
- Lemon drop mocktail
- Peach bellini mocktail
Sparkling Cranberry Ginger Apple Mocktail
- ½ oz cranberry simple syrup
- 1 oz ginger beer
- sparkling apple cider
- fresh cranberries optional, for garnish
- Into a champagne flute, add the cranberry simple syrup.
- Add the ginger beer. Top with the sparkling apple cider and give a small stir to combine all the ingredients.
- Top with fresh cranberries, a rosemary sprig, or just serve on its own.
If nutrition info is shown, values are based on an online calculator and are estimates. Please verify using your own data.