This toast is topped with hummus, tomatoes, and fresh basil for an easy lunch or snack. It's family-friendly and so delicious!
I'm constantly on the look out for easy, healthy, and delicious meal ideas. This tomato hummus toast checks all three boxes.
First, it's so easy. Especially if you're using store-bought hummus. All you need to do is spread the hummus on the toast, top with sliced tomatoes, add some fresh basil and a sprinkling of salt and pepper. Voila! An easy lunch or snack.
Second, healthy. Check. Healthy, fresh tomatoes. Healthy, protein-rich hummus. Healthy basil.
Third, delicious. Yum. The creaminess of the hummus pairs so nicely with the crispness of the toast. The freshness of the tomatoes and basil add a brightness to the toast. And then the sprinkling of salt and pepper adds the needed seasoning. Delicious.
- Slice of bread - Use your favorite
- Campari tomatoes - You could also use roma tomatoes or fresh heirloom tomatoes
- Hummus - use your favorite!
- Fresh basil
Use whatever bread you'd like, but I've been loving ones with lots of healthy grains! Made even better topped with hummus, tomatoes, and basil. Yum.
How to make the tomato hummus toast
First, prep your ingredients! Take two campari (or roma) tomatoes and slice them up. Grab some basil leaves.
Then, toast up your bread! Once your bread is toasted, top with hummus, tomato slices, and fresh basil leaves. Then add a sprinkling of salt and pepper and enjoy!
Like this recipe? Try these!
- Peanut butter toast with apples and honey
- Peach panzanella with tomatoes and basil
- Oven-roasted tomatoes and garlic on toasted bread
- Salmon and goat cheese crostini
- Blistered shishito peppers
- Pan con tomate - Spanish tomato bread
- Air fryer apples
- Spicy feta dip
Tomato and Hummus Toast
- 1 slice whole grain bread
- ¼ cup hummus
- 2 campari tomatoes
- 4-5 leaves basil
- Cut the tomatoes into medium-thick slices
- Toast the slice of bread
- Take the bread and spread the hummus on top. Lay the slices of tomato on top of the hummus, and then top with the basil leaves. Add a sprinkling of salt and pepper. Slice and enjoy!
If nutrition info is shown, values are based on an online calculator and are estimates. Please verify using your own data.