In the last year, I’ve developed a love of zucchini noodles, or “zoodles.” First, it’s a great way to get some veggies in! It’s also a great way to cut down on the carbs that exist with normal pasta. And they’re pretty delicious too. And they make me feel better! So when we were doing our first Whole30 a few months ago, I modified this recipe that I usually make with pasta and made it with zucchini noodles instead. And created this delicious, low-carb, Whole30 tomato chicken pasta with zucchini noodles.
I love it because it’s so easy to make. It’s one of my quick dinners that I often make if I have no energy. And it’s always delicious! I think it may be even better than my version that has pasta.
You may think you need something fancy to spiralize noodles. And you can get fancy spiralizers that make it really easy and quick. But if you want something quicker and smaller, you can use something really easy like this one! And some stores even sell zucchini noodles, so you don’t need to do the work yourself. It helps make this Whole30 chicken tomato zoodle dish even easier.
Whole30 Tomato Chicken Pasta with Zucchini Noodles
- 1 chicken breast, cooked and cubed
- 1 pint cherry tomatoes
- 3 medium zucchini
- 1/4 cup olive oil + 1 Tbsp
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 tsp oregano
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp pepper
- Heat 1/4 cup olive oil in a skillet over medium heat. Add the cherry tomatoes and cook until popped and blistered, about 7-10 minutes, stirring occasionally (reduce heat if needed). Add the minced garlic, oregano, and diced chicken breast and stir. Let it continue cooking while you prepare the zucchini.
- Spiralize the zucchini into noodles and heat 1 Tbsp olive oil in another skillet. Add the zucchini noodles, salt, and pepper. Cook, stirring occasionally until softened, about 3-4 minutes.
- Plate the zucchini noodles, then top with the tomato and chicken mixture.