This tomato chicken pasta is served over zucchini noodles for a low carb meal. This Whole30 zucchini noodle pasta recipe is easy to make and full of delicious flavors!
This post contains some affiliate links, which means that I make a small commission off items you purchase at no additional cost to you. As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.
In the last year, I've developed a love of zucchini noodles, or "zoodles." First, it's a great way to get some veggies in! It's also a great way to cut down on the carbs that exist with normal pasta. And they're pretty delicious too. And they make me feel better! So when we were doing our first Whole30 a few months ago, I modified this recipe that I usually make with pasta and made it with zucchini noodles instead. And created this recipe for delicious, low-carb, Whole30 tomato chicken pasta with zucchini noodles.
I love it because it's so easy to make. It's one of my quick dinners that I often make if I have no energy. And it's always delicious! I think it may be even better than my version that has pasta.
- Cooked chicken breast
- Cherry tomatoes
- Olive oil
- Dried oregano
How to spiralize zucchini:
You may think you need something fancy to spiralize noodles. And you can get fancy spiralizers that make it really easy and quick. But if you want something quicker and smaller, you can use something really easy like this one! And some stores even sell zucchini noodles, so you don't need to do the work yourself. It helps make this Whole30 chicken tomato zoodle dish even easier.
How to make the recipe:
First, grab your precooked chicken breast and cut it into cubes. (If you don't have precooked chicken breast, cook one up! We love using the chicken breasts from rotisserie chickens).
Make sure your garlic cloves are minced and ready to use.
And spiralize your zucchini so that you have noodles!
Next, take a large skillet and heat olive oil in the skillet over medium heat. Add the cherry tomatoes and cook until blistered, which usually takes about 7-10 minutes.
Add your diced chicken breast, oregano, and garlic to the pan. Cook until chicken is warmed through and seared.
In another skillet, add a drizzle of olive oil and add your zucchini noodles. Saute, stirring occasionally, until zucchini has softened, but still maintains a bite.
Divide the zucchini noodles among two plates, then top with the tomato and chicken. Season with salt and pepper.
Like this recipe? Try these!
- Whole30 Spaghetti Squash Carbonara
- Whole30 Instant Pot Beef Stew
- Whole30 Bolognese Sauce with Spaghetti Squash
Whole30 Tomato Chicken Pasta with Zucchini Noodles
- 1 cooked chicken breast
- 1 pint cherry tomatoes
- 3 medium zucchini
- ¼ cup olive oil
- 1 Tbsp olive oil
- 3 cloves garlic minced
- 1 tsp oregano
- Prep your ingredients. Take your precooked chicken breast and cut it into 1 inch cubes. Mince your cloves of garlic. Take the three zucchini and spiralize them.
- In a large skillet, heat ¼ cup olive oil over medium heat. Once the oil is hot, add the tomatoes. Cook 7-10 minutes (reduce heat if needed), stirring occasionally, until tomatoes are blistered.
- Add the diced chicken cubes, garlic, and oregano, and stir. Cook for another 5 minutes.
- While the chicken cooks, get another skillet and heat 1 Tbsp olive oil. Add the spiralized zucchini noodles and cook until zucchini has softened but still has a slight bite, about 3-4 minutes.
- Divide the zucchini noodles between two plates or bowls. Top with the tomato and chicken mixture. Season with salt and pepper.