This refreshing watermelon martini uses fresh watermelon juice, elderflower liqueur, and Tito's (or your favorite vodka!) to make it the tastiest cocktail of the summer. This is an award-winning cocktail that is the perfect use of fresh watermelon.
This watermelon elderflower martini cocktail is a delicious cocktail for the summer! It uses fresh watermelon, lime juice, elderflower liqueur, and vodka for a deliciously refreshing cocktail.
- Watermelon - You will use fresh watermelon to create a watermelon juice for the cocktail. Hint -- get a seedless watermelon! It makes it so much easier.
- Vodka - Choose your favorite vodka! (Unflavored, of course). Tito's works great in this, as do many other brands! Vodka makes a great watermelon martini, but if you'd prefer gin, use that. Gin and watermelon also pair together nicely.
- Elderflower liqueur - Pick up a fancy bottle of St. Germain for this. Trust us. Elderflower liqueur is made from the elderflower, and it has floral notes to it.
- Fresh lime juice - Grab a couple of limes to make some fresh lime juice.
- Ice - You'll shake all the ingredients with some ice to cool off the cocktail before you pour it.
What is St. Germain?
One ingredient that you can’t skip out on is the elderflower liqueur. We used St. Germain which is one of the more expensive bottles of alcohol out there, but it goes a long way. If cost is an issue, you can do what we did and split a bottle with your friends. Going in with friends to buy a specialty bottle of liquor may sound odd at first, but it’s a great, inexpensive way to build a bar.
Looking for another cocktail that uses St. Germain? Try the Hugo Spritz, another tasty summer drink.
While we love that this martini uses fresh watermelon juice (I’m pretty sure canned watermelon juice isn’t a thing), if you have some watermelon fresca, you can use that in place of the watermelon and lime juices.
How to make the watermelon juice:
Take the watermelon chunks and puree in a blender. Then strain the mixture through a fine mesh strainer into a pitcher. You may need to force the watermelon through the blade using a wooden spoon, or add ¼ cup of water to get it started.
This is one of those easy cocktails! Once you have the watermelon juice, of course.
Take all the ingredients, add them to a cocktail shaker and shake! Then strain into a martini glass and garnish with some watermelon balls (can be easily made by scooping out watermelon with a melon baller) or a lime slice.
Once you're done, you have the tastiest and best watermelon martini.
Looking for more cocktail recipes? Check out some of our favorites:
Watermelon Martini with Vodka
- Cocktail Shaker
- 2 ½ oz watermelon juice (see notes)
- 1 ½ oz vodka
- 1 oz elderflower liqueur (St. Germain)
- ½ oz fresh lime juice
- Add all ingredients to a cocktail shaker.
- Shake vigorously for 15-20 seconds.
- Strain into a martini glass.
- Garnish with a lime slice or watermelon balls.