Spicy watermelon jalapeno mocktails are the perfect nonalcoholic summer drink! These watermelon mocktails are bubbly, sparkling, and so refreshing in the summertime. They are topped with a fresh watermelon and mint garnish for a drink that is perfect for entertaining or making mocktails at home.
Summer is almost here, which means WATERMELON SEASON! Yum. I love getting a giant watermelon and eating slices of it.
But let's face it. Watermelons are giant. And unless you're brining them to a party, you probably have leftover watermelon. Solution? Make watermelon drinks! A fun way to use up that leftover watermelon.
When I want something boozy, I opt for these watermelon martinis. But when I want a delicious spicy watermelon mocktail that I can also give to my kids? I make these slightly spicy, sparkling jalapeno watermelon mocktails.
This is a super-easy drink! All you need to do is blend up ingredients, pour over ice, top with sparkling water, and voila! Watermelon mocktail. Ready to be enjoyed poolside, at a summer bbq, or even inside while watching some tv.
- Fresh watermelon - HIGHLY recommend getting a seedless watermelon. We made the mistake of getting a regular watermelon once. Never again.
- Jalapeno - These are easy to find at your grocery store, especially in the summer (or grow in your garden)
- Simple syrup - Simple syrup is easy to make. PLEASE make this and don't buy it.
- Ice - Any ice will do!
- Mint (optional) - I love to garnish with mint, but if you don't have any, just leave it out.
Option: make it boozy
Want to make this mocktail into a cocktail? Simply add a splash of tequila, vodka, or gin and stir together. Protip - tequila and watermelon go SURPRISINGLY fantastic together.
If you don't have simple syrup on hand, you can use agave syrup/nectar. I'd actually cut the amount of agave in half though if you go this route.
More mocktail recipes:
- Bee's Knees Mocktail
- Blueberry Mojito Mocktail
- Lemon Drop Mocktail
- Frozen Peach Bellini Mocktail
- Sparkling Sage Gimlet Mocktail
Spicy Watermelon Jalapeno Mocktail
- 2 cups diced watermelon
- 2 tsp diced jalapeno seeds removed
- 1 tsp simple syrup
- 1 can sparkling water
- mint optional
- Take the watermelon, jalapeno, and simple syrup and add to a blender. Add a pinch of salt. Blend until smooth.
- Place ice in 4 small glasses. Divide watermelon mixture among the four glasses. Top with sparkling water. Stir with a spoon or straw to combine.
- Garnish with extra watermelon and mint, if desired.
- For moderately spicy, remove the jalapeno seeds. For more spice, keep the seeds in.
- If you're worried about watermelon particles and pulp, strain the watermelon mixture after blending. However, this isn't necessary and watermelon typically blends up nicely.
- If you want to use agave instead of simple syrup, use ½ tsp instead of 1 tsp.