Air fryer sesame salmon is made by coating salmon in sesame seeds before cooking in the air fryer. This is a quick and easy air fryer recipe that can be made in less than 15 minutes!
My number one favorite way of cooking salmon is to make it in the air fryer. It's so easy and pretty much always comes out perfect.
So I've tried out a lot of different flavors, but the newest is coating the salmon in sesame seeds before air frying. The air fried sesame salmon gets a little bit of a sesame seed crust that is so delicious.
This air fryer salmon with sesame seeds is such a quick and easy recipe that looks so impressive (and tastes impressive too!)
- Salmon fillet
- Sesame seeds
How to customize
While I used a mix of black sesame seeds and white sesame seeds, you could just use one or the other. Another option is using bagel seasoning!
You can also season the salmon with garlic powder or onion powder for a little extra flavor before dipping in the egg.
For extra sesame flavor, add 1 teaspoon of sesame oil to the egg mixture and whisk in.
What to serve with the salmon
I love to serve the sesame salmon over sesame rice and with some fresh or cooked veggies. I usually drizzle a little soy sauce over the top!
- All air fryers cook differently, please adjust cooking times as needed.
- You also may need to adjust cooking time based on the thickness of your salmon.
How to make air fryer sesame salmon
To make the air fried sesame salmon, first you will prep your ingredients! Pat the salmon dry with paper towels and season with salt.
Add the white and black sesame seeds to one bowl and stir together.
Add the egg to another bowl and whisk.
Dip the salmon in the egg, and then coat the salmon with the sesame seeds.
Spray or brush the air fryer basket with oil to prevent the salmon from sticking.
Air fry until cooked through.
Plate and enjoy!
Air fryer salmon recipes
- Air fryer salmon crispy skin
- Air fryer miso salmon
- Air fryer dijon salmon
- Air fryer sockeye salmon
- Air fryer panko salmon
Recipes to love
Air Fryer Sesame Salmon
- 6 ounce salmon fillet
- 2 tablespoon sesame seeds white, black, or a mix of both
- 1 egg
- oil for air fryer basket
- Spray or brush the air fryer basket to prevent sticking.
- Pat salmon dry with paper towels and season with salt.
- In one shallow bowl, crack the eggs and whisk with a fork or whisk.
- In another bowl, add sesame seeds and stir to combine.
- Dip the salmon in the egg and then dip into the sesame seeds to coat on all sides.
- Place salmon in the air fryer and cook at 400 degrees F for 7-8 minutes.
If nutrition info is shown, values are based on an online calculator and are estimates. Please verify using your own data.