These chili lime shrimp are so easy to make. They can be eaten on their own or used in tacos, bowls, salads, soups, or pasta! They're a tasty and flavorful Whole30 shrimp appetizer.
This post contains some affiliate links, which means that I make a small commission off items you purchase at no additional cost to you.
I love quick lunches like this chili lime shrimp recipe that is Whole30-friendly! Cook up a bunch of shrimp, toss in seasoning, squeeze some lime on the top. Easy lunch.
I usually use frozen shrimp, because I always try to keep a bag in the freezer. But of course, if you can get fresh shrimp, even better!
If you're using frozen shrimp, the shrimp will need to be cooked for a bit longer. Scroll down to the recipe to see our notes on cooking from frozen.
- Shrimp - You can use fresh or frozen here! If you're using fresh shrimp, they should cook pretty quickly. If using frozen, they will take a little longer.
- Chili powder - This is found in your spice aisle of the grocery store! For a slightly different flavor, you can use a chipotle seasoning instead.
- Lime - This recipe calls for the juice of half a lime. I highly recommend freshly squeezed lime juice.
- Olive oil - I use olive oil to cook the shrimp in, but you can use other types of oil if you prefer.
The beauty of this chili lime shrimp recipe is that the shrimp can be enjoyed in so many different ways! Here are some ideas.
- On their own - These are delicious just served on their own as a snack. Or as a main dish paired with some sides.
- In a bowl - These would be great in a Mexican-inspired bowl with some rice, veggie, beans, and salsa. Or in a Thai-inspired bowl.
- In tacos or in a wrap - These shrimp would be great in tacos with avocado and beans! Turning these into cilantro lime shrimp tacos would be fantastic! Just place the shrimp on tortillas with some shredded lettuce or cabbage, top with cilantro and an additional squeeze of lime.
- On a salad - Have lettuce around? Eat these shrimp on a salad for some nice protein and flavor.
- Over pasta - I love shrimp tossed in a creamy pasta sauce.
- In soup - Shrimp are delicious in soup and are an easy addition to soups like this lemon orzo soup.
The fun thing about an easy recipe like this is that it's so easy to customize!
- Swap out the lemon for lime. Don't have lime? Use a squeeze of lemon instead!
- Instead of lime and chili powder, use a squeeze of lemon juice and some capers to bring in a piccata flavor to these shrimp.
- Instead of chili powder, swap it for cumin powder!
- Use a tiny bit of Calabrian chili peppers for even more heat!
Love this recipe? Check out these!
- Garlic Butter Shrimp Scampi
- Whole30 Bolognese Sauce over Spaghetti Squash
- Blistered Edamame
- Air Fryer Frozen Shrimp
- Pan Con Tomate
How to make the recipe:
These chili lime shrimp are so easy to make! You just take out a skillet and heat it over medium heat. Add the olive oil to the pan and let heat for about 30 seconds. Then add the shrimp.
As the shrimp start to turn pink and opaque, flip the shrimp and cook for another 1-2 minutes. Add the chili powder to the pan and toss until shrimp is coated.
Plate, then squeeze half of a lime over the shrimp and enjoy!
Chili Lime Shrimp
- 12 shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1 tsp chili powder
- ½ lime (juice)
- In a medium skillet, heat the olive oil over medium heat.
- Add the shrimp to the pan. Cook until shrimp start to turn pink and get opaque, then flip and cook for another 1-2 minutes until done.
- Add the chili powder to the pan and toss with the shrimp (stir in the pan) until shrimp are evenly coated.
- Plate and squeeze the juice of ½ a lime over the shrimp.