Lately I have discovered the joys of working from home. Being able to throw a load of laundry in the washer, step outside for a breath of fresh air, and not having to work under headache-inducing florescent lights are all huge benefits. But even better than all those things is being able to cook a proper lunch. None of this reheating food in a microwave. At home there is an ACTUAL oven. And a stove! And pots and pans!
However, I don’t want to be slaving away in the kitchen my whole lunch break. Or dirtying up a bunch of dishes. That’s why I love quick lunches like this Chili Lime Shrimp that is Whole30, Paleo, and Keto friendly! Cook up a bunch of shrimp, toss in seasoning, squeeze some lime on the top. Easy lunch. And if you’re a bit hungrier or want to turn this chili lime shrimp recipe into dinner, plate over some cooked pasta or a salad.
I usually use frozen shrimp, because I always try to keep a bag in the freezer. But of course, if you can get fresh shrimp, even better!
Chili Lime Shrimp
- 12 shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1 tsp chili powder
- 1/2 lime (juice)
- In a medium skillet, heat the olive oil over medium heat.
- Add the shrimp to the pan. Cook until shrimp start to turn pink and get opaque, then flip and cook for another 1-2 minutes until done.
- Add the chili powder to the pan and toss with the shrimp (stir in the pan) until shrimp are evenly coated.
- Plate and squeeze the juice of 1/2 a lime over the shrimp.