Lately I have discovered the joys of working from home. Being able to throw a load of laundry in the washer, step outside for a breath of fresh air, and not having to work under headache-inducing florescent lights are all huge benefits. But even better than all those things is being able to cook a proper lunch. None of this reheating food in a microwave. At home there is an ACTUAL oven. And a stove! And pots and pans!
However, I don’t want to be slaving away in the kitchen my whole lunch break. Or dirtying up a bunch of dishes. That’s why I love quick lunches like this Chili Lime Shrimp that is Whole30, Paleo, and Keto friendly! Cook up a bunch of shrimp, toss in seasoning, squeeze some lime on the top. Easy lunch. And if you’re a bit hungrier or want to turn this chili lime shrimp recipe into dinner, plate over some cooked pasta or a salad.
I usually use frozen shrimp, because I always try to keep a bag in the freezer. But of course, if you can get fresh shrimp, even better!
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 10-12 medium-sized, frozen shrimp
- ¼ tsp black pepper
- ¼ tsp paprika
- ¼ tsp chili powder
- ½ a lime
- sprinkling of salt
- Heat olive oil in a large skillet on medium-high heat
- Once oil is hot, place the shrimp into the pan to start cooking. (If using fresh shrimp, cooking time will be less).
- Cook until shrimp are pink and opaque, about 10 minutes, flipping about halfway through (at the minute mark)
- Turn off the heat.
- Add a sprinkling of salt, black pepper, paprika, and chili powder to the pan and stir to combine so the shrimp are coated.
- Plate and squeeze the juice of ½ a lime over the shrimp.