This creamy green smoothie bowl is packed with healthy vitamins! It's creamy, sweet, delicious, and easy to make. Top it however you like to customize it!
I love smoothies and smoothie bowls. But making them can be challenging. We used to have a blender that would require me to keep adding more liquid, and stopping the blender to push ingredients down to get them incorporated. So annoying and time consuming. But we got a new blender! Finally. And now I can make all the smoothies and smoothie bowls I want so easily. Just in time for summer.
We got a Blendtec, but I would have also happily gotten a Vitamix. Really, anything other than the cheap $35 blender that used to occupy space on my countertop.
This creamy green smoothie bowl is packed with healthy fruits and veggies! It has a lot of baby spinach, which lends the smoothie it's bright green flavor.
The creaminess comes from the avocado. And then you can top it with whatever you want! That's one of the beauties of smoothie bowls. Easy to customize however you wish.
I love making these for breakfast, because it makes me feel good for the rest of the day. And unlike smoothies, you top these with fruits, nuts, etc. so it has a nice texture.
- Baby spinach - This gives the smoothie it's green flavor and is packed with good vitamins!
- Avocado - The avocado makes the smoothie bowl super-creamy and delicious.
- Banana - The banana also helps add creaminess to the smoothie, and gives it a healthy dose of potassium! Use half the banana in the smoothie and the other half for slices on top.
- Pineapple - This helps give the smoothie a sweet, slightly tropical flavor.
- Milk - I typically use almond milk in my smoothies, but use whatever you have on hand!
Here's the combination of toppings I used:
- Sliced strawberries, sliced banana, dried goji berries, hemp seeds, shredded coconut
Here are some more ideas:
- Sliced banana, shredded coconut, dried pineapple
- Fresh raspberries, sliced almonds, hemp seeds
- Fresh blueberries, fresh raspberries, sliced almonds
Use whatever blender you have, but I love love love my Blendtec. If you love smoothies (and frozen cocktails), I highly recommend getting something like a Blendtec or Vitamix. It blends things SO much better than a cheap blender.
Creamy Green Smoothie Bowl
- 1 cup packed spinach
- 1 ½ cups frozen pineapple
- 1 banana
- ½ avocado
- ⅔ cup almond milk
- 2 strawberries sliced
- ½ tsp dried shredded coconut
- ½ tsp dried goji berries
- ¼ tsp hemp seeds
- In a blender, add the spinach, frozen pineapple, ½ of the banana, ½ an avocado, and almond milk. Blend until smooth.
- Slice the other half of the banana.
- Pour the smoothie into a bowl.
- Top with the sliced banana, strawberries, coconut, hemp seeds, and goji berries.
Like this recipe? Try these!
This post contains some affiliate links, which means that I make a small commission off items you purchase at no additional cost to you.