I love smoothies and smoothie bowls. But making them can be challenging. We used to have a blender that would require me to keep adding more liquid, and stopping the blender to push ingredients down to get them incorporated. So annoying and time consuming. But we got a new blender! Finally. And now I can make all the smoothies and smoothie bowls I want so easily. Just in time for summer.
We got a Blendtec, but I would have also happily gotten a Vitamix. Really, anything other than the cheap $35 blender that used to occupy space on my countertop.
This time of year there is so much fresh fruit that it’s fun to make smoothie bowls and top with fruit. Sometimes I love smoothie bowls that are more tart with fruit, and sometimes I like some that are a bit creamier, like this one. I find that avocado is an easy way to get some healthy fats into a smoothie and make it creamy. Double-win!
- 1 cup packed spinach
- 1½ cups frozen pineapple
- 1 banana
- ½ avocado
- ⅔ cup almond milk
- 2 strawberries, sliced
- ½ tsp dried, shredded coconut
- ½ tsp dried goji berries
- ¼ tsp hemp seeds
- In a blender, add the spinach, frozen pineapple, ½ of the banana, ½ an avocado, and almond milk. Blend until smooth.
- Slice the other half of the banana.
- Pour the smoothie into a bowl.
- Top with the sliced banana, strawberries, coconut, hemp seeds, and goji berries.