This creamy pineapple banana smoothie is so easy to make! It has natural sweetness from the banana, and a tropical flavor from the pineapple. It's the perfect smoothie for breakfast or an afternoon treat.
Smoothies are one of my favorite things to make. Dump everything in a blender and just blend until smooth? Yes, please.
This pineapple banana smoothie has become a favorite around here. I love how it mostly just uses frozen fruit, which I always have around. And by using frozen banana and frozen pineapple, it means I can make these any time of year, not just in summer.
The Greek yogurt and frozen bananas both help to give the pineapple banana smoothie such a creamy texture, while the pineapple gives that punch of tropical flavor.
And if you're looking for more smoothie ideas, try this cauliflower berry smoothie, this pineapple upside down smoothie, this cinnamon banana smoothie, or this blueberry oatmeal smoothie. And during the holiday season, I love this cranberry smoothie.
- Frozen banana - Frozen banana gets such a creamy texture when blended! That's why I prefer to use frozen bananas for this smoothie.
- Frozen pineapple - Frozen pineapple means you can make this smoothie year-round! It also helps to make a cold smoothie without using ice.
- Greek yogurt - I love to use vanilla Greek yogurt in the smoothie. However, you can swap it out with whatever you have on hand. I feel like Greek yogurt gives it a great creaminess.
- Almond milk - You can also use a milk of your choice! If you prefer regular dairy milk, or oat milk, or soy milk, any of those will work great in this recipe!
Why use frozen bananas:
Frozen bananas work perfectly in this smoothie! When bananas are frozen and then blended, they have such a creamy texture. This is why a lot of people will make "nice cream" or banana ice cream with frozen bananas.
Having frozen bananas also helps to make sure the smoothie is extra-cold and refreshing. I love to take ripe bananas and then slice or break them into small pieces and then stick them in a bag in the freezer to use in smoothies.
If you don't have frozen bananas, but you still want to make this smoothie, you can! You just may need to add some ice to give it a thicker consistency.
How to make vegan:
This pineapple banana smoothie is easy to make vegan! Just make sure you are using a plant-based milk like almond milk, oat milk, or soy milk. And then also make sure you are using a vegan yogurt like coconut yogurt.
Other ingredients to add:
One of my favorite things about smoothies is how easy they are to customize! And you can easily add ingredients to the banana pineapple smoothie to make it your own. Here are a few ideas.
- Ground flaxseed
- Chia seeds
- Protein powder
- Beetroot powder
- Frozen mango
- Splash of orange juice
Tips and tricks:
- Having a good blender can be key to easily making smoothies! I have this high-powered blender and LOVE it.
- If you don't have a high-power blender, you may need to stop the blender from time to time and kinda "loosen" the ingredients. Place the lid back on, and then turn the blender back on. Repeat as necessary. You may also need to add a splash more liquid if not blending properly.
- If the smoothie isn't getting thick enough for you (especially if you used room temperature bananas, and not frozen ones), then you may need to add ice to make it thicker.
- If the bananas aren't ripe, they may not be as sweet. If using unripe bananas, you may want to add a drizzle of honey or maple syrup to sweeten the smoothie to your tastes.
How to make:
First, add all your ingredients to the blender. Pineapple, banana, yogurt, and milk.
Place the lid on, and then blend until and all ingredients are incorporated into the smoothie.
Pour into a glass and enjoy!
Pineapple Banana Smoothie
- 1 banana frozen
- 1 cup frozen pineapple
- ¼ cup Greek yogurt
- ½ cup almond milk
- Add all the ingredients to the jar of a blender.
- Place the lid on top, then blend until all the ingredients are combined and the smoothie has a smooth texture.
- Pour into a tall glass and enjoy!