This berry smoothie bowl is easy to make and can be topped however you want! We love ours topped with bananas, pumpkin seeds, and a touch of toasted coconut.
Smoothie bowls are such a fun breakfast or dessert to make!
First of all, they are so simple to whip up in a blender. But unlike a regular smoothie served in a glass, these are eaten with a spoon, so they can have toppings! And toppings mean delicious texture and flavor.
This berry smoothie bowl is topped with fresh banana slices, toasted coconut, and pumpkin seeds, but it can honestly be topped with whatever you like.
- Orange juice
- Frozen berries
Ideas for topping your smoothie bowl:
I love topping my smoothie bowl with whatever is in season and will add a variety of textures and flavors, but here are some ideas:
- Fresh banana slices
- Pumpkin seeds
- Fresh or frozen fruit
- Dollop of yogurt
- Hemp seeds
- Flax seeds
- Toasted coconut
Really, you can add anything to the top of your smoothie bowl. I checked what I had in my pantry, and so I topped this berry smoothie bowl with a banana, some sprouted pumpkin seeds (my new love!), and some coconut that I toasted. I'm excited to try out more variations, but I'll include the recipe of what I did for this one! Modify to your own tastes, and honestly, just throw some good stuff on top. Eat it up with a spoon and congratulate yourself on being healthy.
Like this smoothie recipe? Try these too!
- Tropical green smoothie
- Creamy green smoothie bowl
- Tropical smoothie with pineapple
- Blueberry oatmeal smoothie
- Granola breakfast bowls
Mixed Berry Smoothie Bowl
- 1 banana
- ¾ cup orange juice
- 1 cup frozen berries
- ½ tbsp shredded coconut
- ½ tbsp sprouted pumpkin seeds
- Toast the shredded coconut lightly in a pan over low heat for about 5 minutes. Stir every minute or so.
- When coconut is lightly toasted, remove from heat.
- Cut ⅓ of the banana into slices. Set aside the rest of the banana for the smoothie.
- In a blender, add the frozen berries, orange juice, and rest of the banana and blend until smooth.
- Pour into a bowl and top with sliced banana, shredded coconut, and pumpkin seeds.
- Eat with a spoon and enjoy!