This blueberry oatmeal smoothie is healthy, filling and delicious. It’s easy to whip up any time of the year!
Mornings are made so much better with a smoothie, am I right? I’ve totally been digging putting oatmeal in my smoothies lately. It adds another dimension to smoothies and mellows out the berry flavor. This blueberry oatmeal smoothie has become one of my favorites.
This is a four ingredient smoothie. Super-simple to make and full of healthy ingredients. It doesn’t use any sweeteners and instead gets its sweetness from the fruit — the blueberries and the bananas.
I love to use frozen fruit in my smoothies because it makes them cold and doesn’t require the addition of ice to cool them down. I have a ton of frozen bananas in my freezer, and smoothies are a great way to use the up! My daughter would ask for a banana and then only eat a few slices or half of one, so I’d freeze the rest.
So let’s talk about the ingredients and how to make it!
Ingredients for the Blueberry Oatmeal Smoothie:
- Oats – Either quick cook or old fashioned work great in this. Use what you have!
- Frozen blueberries – you can always use fresh, but I try to keep a bag of frozen blueberries around. This way I can make this smoothie even if blueberries aren’t in season!
- Frozen banana – you can use fresh for this as well, but I’ve found by using frozen, it helps cool down the smoothie.
- Almond milk – I love almond milk in my coffee, so we always have some around. If you don’t have almond milk, you can substitute your preferred milk, and the smoothie should still turn out great!
How to make the Blueberry Oatmeal Smoothie:
Making the smoothie is SO simple. First, you get your blender, put in the oats, and blend until it kinda forms a powder. Then you add the rest of the ingredients and blend until smooth! So simple.
This makes 2 small smoothies or one big smoothie. I like to make two smoothies to share with my husband, but if he’s not around, I’ll definitely drink it all myself!
Blueberry Oatmeal Smoothie
- 1/4 cup oats quick cook or old fashioned
- 1 cup almond milk
- 1 cup frozen blueberries
- 1/2 frozen banana
- Add the oats to a blender. Blend until the oats form a powder.
- Add the almond milk, blueberries, and banana to the blender. Blend until smooth.
- Pour into two small glasses and enjoy!
- Frozen fruit works best in this recipe, but feel free to use fresh if that's what you have! You may need to add in a touch of ice to cool the smoothie down if you're using fresh fruit.
- Quick cook or old-fashioned oats both work well in this smoothie.
- I use almond milk, but you can substitute in your favorite milk.
- This recipe makes two small or one large smoothie.