This cranberry smoothie is full of holiday flavors! It pairs the tartness of cranberries with a dash of cinnamon for a delicious and healthy smoothie that's perfect for those fall and winter months.
To me, smoothies are delicious any time of year. And this cranberry orange smoothie is perfect for those fall and winter months when fresh cranberries are found on the shelves of grocery stores.
The result is a tasty smoothie that is tart from the cranberries with that touch of orange flavor that pairs so beautifully with cranberry. Add in the dash of cinnamon, and this cranberry smoothie feels like the holidays in a glass.
- Cranberries - fresh or frozen cranberries both work in this recipe
- Banana - I love using frozen banana, but fresh is also delicious
- Almond Milk - Use almond milk, oat milk, or other plant-based milk
- Orange Juice - The orange is the perfect complement to the cranberry
- Cinnamon - The cinnamon gives the cranberry smoothie fall and winter vibes
Why make this cranberry smoothie
- Festive - Cranberries are so delicious in the fall and winter months.
- Use leftover cranberries - If you have leftover cranberries around, this is a delicious and easy way to use them!
- Healthy - Cranberries and oranges both have a lot of vitamin c, and this smoothie is packed with them!
Can you use frozen cranberries?
Yes! Frozen cranberries are delicious here, just like fresh cranberries. If using both frozen cranberries and frozen banana to make your cranberry smoothie, you may need to add a little extra milk to blend properly.
How to customize:
One of the best things about smoothies is that they are so easy to customize. Here's a few ideas.
- For protein, add a scoop of nut butter, Greek yogurt, or some vanilla protein powder.
- You can always add other fruits like frozen blueberries.
- Want to include veggies? Throw in a handful of spinach or cauliflower. (Note: The spinach will definitely change the color of the smoothie).
- Boost the nutrition of your cranberry smoothie by adding some flaxseed or chia seeds.
- For more sweetness, add some agave nectar, maple syrup, or even some sweetened cranberry juice.
How to make:
Add your cranberries to the blender. (This is the one I have and love).
Add the frozen banana (or fresh), almond milk, orange juice, and cinnamon.
Blend until smooth, and then pour into a glass.
Like this recipe? Check out these!
- 1 cup cranberries
- ½ banana
- ½ cup almond milk or other plant-based milk
- ¼ cup orange juice
- ¼ teaspoon ground cinnamon
- Add the cranberries, banana, almond milk, orange juice, and cinnamon to a blender.
- Blend until smooth, then pour into a glass and enjoy.
If nutrition info is shown, values are based on an online calculator and are estimates. Please verify using your own data.