This toasted croissant with yogurt and kiwi is a tasty and easy breakfast. The recipe takes no time to whip up, but feels like something you could get at a cafe for brunch!
Whenever we get a package of croissants from Costco, I'm always looking up ways to use them. I typically make croissant breakfast sandwiches and some croissant french toast.
But today I made a new favorite. A toasted croissant with yogurt and sliced kiwi. It's a delicious way to use a croissant that's on it's last legs.
The croissant retains its flakiness and is all buttery when toasted. And crispy. Pair that with the creaminess of the yogurt and the sweet tartness of the kiwi, and it tastes like a match made in food heaven.
Of course, you don't have to use kiwi for this dish. You can pair it with berries or peaches and it will be so tasty still.
And honestly? You could even swap out a croissant and just pair this with a frozen waffle. I thought about doing that, but then I had all these croissants on my counter, so I went that route instead.
And this is just so, so easy to make.
- Yogurt - I used greek vanilla yogurt, but you can use coconut yogurt or whatever you prefer.
- Kiwi - I had golden kiwis on hand, but regular kiwis would work just as well.
What is a golden kiwi?
A golden kiwi is more yellow than green. It also tastes sweeter than your typical kiwi that tends to be more tart. A golden kiwi is also nutritious, containing high amounts of vitamin C and folate.
Also, my daughter LOVES them. She had two for dinner tonight and asked for a third, but we drew the line. So golden kiwis? Highly recommended by three year-olds, apparently.
Make it your own:
You don't have to use kiwi, as mentioned above! You can swap the kiwi out for berries, peaches, or even mango or papaya. Maybe figs? So many possibilities!
You also don't even have to use a croissant! While I love the flakiness that the croissant brings to this dish, you can also just serve the yogurt and kiwi with a waffle. Frozen or homemade! I adore frozen Belgian waffles.
Pair this dish:
Serve this dish with a freshly made aeropress cappuccino, a tropical green smoothie, or a blueberry oatmeal smoothie.
How to make the toasted croissant with yogurt and kiwi:
This is an incredibly easy breakfast dish to make.
First, just slice your croissant in half. Then heat 1 tablespoon of butter in a skillet and place the croissant in, face down. Toast each slice until nicely browned, then put onto a plate.
On the side, add a couple of dollops of yogurt and top with the sliced kiwi.
Croissant with Yogurt and Kiwi
- 1 croissant
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 kiwi
- Take the croissant and slice it in half, lengthwise, so that you have two faces to toast.
- In a skillet, heat up the butter over medium heat. Once the butter is melted, add the sliced croissant, face down, to the pan. Cook for 3-5 minutes until the croissant is nicely browned. Remove from the pan, put on a plate, and turn off the heat.
- Take your kiwi and cut the outside skin off. Slice the kiwi into rounds, then cut each slice in half to create half-moons.
- To the plate, add a couple of heaping dollops of your favorite yogurt (we love vanilla Greek yogurt), and the top with the sliced kiwi.
If nutrition info is shown, values are based on an online calculator and are estimates. Please verify using your own data.
Leave a Reply