Peanut butter blossoms are a peanut butter cookie that has a Hershey's kiss smooshed into the center of the cookie. This recipe only uses three ingredients for an easy peanut butter blossom that takes almost no time to make!
Even though I LOVE peanut butter blossoms, I have no time these days. So I decided to make these easiest ever, 3-ingredient Peanut Butter Blossoms!
The classic way of making these peanut butter blossom cookies is to make a peanut butter dough from scratch, roll balls of the peanut butter dough in sugar, bake, and then put the kiss on the cookie. That's how my mom always made them when we were little.
However, most days I don't have time to make a peanut butter cookie dough from scratch.
So the magic here is using PREMADE PEANUT BUTTER COOKIE DOUGH. Yes. Not fancy. But a fantastic shortcut. And still so, so delicious. Sometimes we need shortcuts in our lives. And this shortcut means you only need three ingredients to make these delicious peanut butter cookies.
What are peanut butter blossoms?
Peanut butter blossoms are just peanut butter cookies that are rolled in sugar, then after they come out of the oven, a Hershey's kiss is pressed into the center of the cookie!
The bottom of the kiss gets slightly melted from the warmth of the cookie, but the kiss retains its signature shape.
This makes for delicious, unique chocolate peanut butter cookies.
- Premade peanut butter cookie dough - You can usually find two different types. You can find the kind that are already portioned into cookies (like in the photo below) or you can find the kind that comes in a log, and then you scoop out the amount you want for each cookie. Either works! You can usually find these types of premade dough in the refrigerated section of grocery stores next to the biscuits.
- Hershey's Kisses - a KEY ingredient. Obviously, unwrap before using. The traditional way is to use milk chocolate kisses, but if you're feeling daring, you can use the Hugs kind or a different flavor. Peppermint might be great for the holidays! Just keep in mind that you want it to pair nicely with the peanut butter.
- Sugar - You'll just need some simple white granulated sugar to roll the cookie in before baking.
- Use red or green sanding sugar for a festive look for the holidays instead of regular granulated sugar. Or other colors for other events!
- As mentioned above, you can use different types/flavors of Hershey's kisses to mix it up for the peanut butter cookies.
- Want more peanut butter flavor? Instead of a kiss, use a mini peanut butter cup instead for the ultimate peanut butter blossom cookies.
- Don't have Hershey kisses? You can also use 4 chocolate chips in place of the kiss.
- The peanut butter cookies may flatten out a bit while baking, especially if the dough has gotten warm. To keep them from flattening out as much, pop them in the refrigerator or freezer for 10 minutes before baking.
- Store any leftover peanut butter blossoms in an airtight container for several days.
How to make the 3-Ingredient Peanut Butter Blossoms
Making the peanut butter blossoms is so easy and just uses three ingredients!
First, you unwrap 24 kisses so you have them handy. (And maybe a few extras for snacking on!)
Then you simply roll up peanut butter dough into balls, using the warmth of your hands to shape them properly.
After that, it's as easy as rolling each peanut butter dough ball in some sugar, and then placing on a cookie sheet and baking (I use parchment paper or a silpat mat on my baking sheet).
Pro-tip: For the cookies to keep more of their shape and not spread as much, place the cookie sheet in the freezer for 10 minutes before baking. (Don't have room for the cookie sheet? Put the rolled dough balls on a plate, then transfer to the cookie sheet after the 10 minutes).
After the peanut butter blossom cookies are done baking, immediately stick a chocolate kiss into the center of each one.
The bottom of the chocolate will melt a little from the warmth of the cookie, but the shape of the kiss should stay intact. It makes for a delicious cookie bite!
After a couple of minutes, remove cookies from the baking sheet and put on a cooling rack or wire rack to cool.
Looking for more dessert recipes? Try these!
3 Ingredient Peanut Butter Blossoms
- 1 package premade peanut butter cookie dough
- 24 Hershey's kisses
- 2 tablespoon white sugar
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Line a cookie sheet with parchment paper or use a silpat mat. Unwrap 24 Hershey's kisses and set aside. Place the sugar into a small bowl.
- Take the premade cookie dough and roll into small balls. Roll each cookie dough ball in the granulated white sugar and place onto a cookie sheet, 12 at a time. (See note below about freezing if desired)
- Bake for 10-12 minutes. Remove cookies from oven and immediately push a chocolate kiss into the center of each cookie. Let the cookies stand on the cookie sheet for 2-3 minutes, then remove and place on a wire rack to cool.
- Repeat with the next 12 cookies.
- Let cookies cool for 15-20 minutes before serving. Let cool completely before storing. Store in an airtight container once cookies have cooled completely for 2-3 days.
If nutrition info is shown, values are based on an online calculator and are estimates. Please verify using your own data.