This frozen mango margarita uses fresh or frozen mango, and is so easy to whip up! It gets a spicy kick from the chili salt rim.
It's starting to get hot here. And that means margarita weather! Last summer I was pregnant, so I could only have margarita mocktails, so I'm so excited to be able to drink real margaritas this year.
The first one on my list is this frozen mango margarita. It uses frozen mango, so it can easily be enjoyed any time of year, but spring and summer are my favorite time of year to have this.
How do you feel about mango? Honestly, it wasn't a fruit I ever had growing up, and I'm not even sure the first time I had one. It could have been in a margarita. Now I love them!
What do mangoes taste like?
Mangoes are juicy and sweet. They pair nicely with a bit of spice, because the mango helps balance out the spice. That's why this frozen mango margarita recipe uses a chili powder and salt rim.
I love using frozen mango here because it's easy. If you have fresh mangoes on hand, you can use that instead! If you need a little how-to on cutting mango, check this one out.
- Frozen or fresh mango
- Silver tequila
- Triple Sec
- Freshly squeezed lime juice
- Chili powder
How to make a mango margarita mocktail
To make this a mocktail, substitute orange juice for the Triple Sec and water for the tequila.
How to make a frozen mango margarita
The first step to making the mango margarita is to get the glass ready! Combine equal parts salt and chili powder on a plate and swirl together.
Cut a lime in half, and with one half, take the lime and wet the rim of the glass. Then dip the rim of the glass into the chili/salt mixture.
To make the margarita, get out a blender. Blend together the ice and mango first. This helps the other ingredients blend together better. After the ice and mango have blended a bit, add the tequila, triple sec, and lime juice and blend until completely smooth. Pour into your prepared glass and garnish with a slice of lime.
Frozen Mango Margarita
- 1 cup fresh or frozen mango
- 1 cup ice
- 1.5 oz silver tequila
- .5 oz Triple Sec
- .5 oz lime juice
- chili powder
- On a small plate, add equal parts chili powder and salt. Swirl to combine. Grab a lowball glass (or small drinking glass). Cut a lime in half. Take one of the lime halves and run along the edge of the glass. Dip the rim of the glass in the chili/salt mixture.
- Add the mango and ice to a blender. Blend until combined.
- Add the tequila, Triple Sec, and lime juice to the blender and blend until smooth.
- Pour into the glass and garnish with a lime slice.
- If you don't have Triple Sec, you can substitute out a different orange liquor.
- To make it a mocktail, you can substitute orange juice for the Triple Sec and water for the tequila.