These refreshing strawberry slushies are so good you won't want to share. They're made with fresh strawberries (you can use frozen too!) Kid-friendly and perfect for enjoying outdoors on a hot summer day.
This post contains some affiliate links, which means that I make a small commission off items you purchase at no additional cost to you. As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.
Is this turning into a drinks blog? Maybe… though we don’t mean it to be. It’s just been so fun to come up with so many refreshing drinks recipes this summer! The other day, Josh came home with a carton of strawberries specifically to try to make a delicious strawberry slush. Once I heard that, I was so excited.
We did make one mistake though. We made them before our one-year old went to bed. And so of course, she wanted to try some. And she LOVED it. I don’t blame her. She kept wanting more and more.
The next time Josh made the strawberry slushies, it was just for us. No sharing needed. Though this recipe does make 3-4 servings… that just meant Josh and I got two servings of strawberry slush each. No complaints here.
It took us awhile to find the perfect balance of citrus to sugar to strawberries. Which meant a lot of taste testing. But finally, we found it. This strawberry slush recipe is perfectly balanced.
- Strawberries (fresh or frozen)
- Agave nectar - This adds sweetness, but is better than using sugar, because it blends so nicely into the drink!
- Lemon (you'll use the juice)
- Lime (you'll use the juice)
Tips and tricks:
- If using frozen strawberries, you'll especially want to have a good blender to make sure they blend up properly. We have this blender and LOVE it.
- Using both lemon and lime juice provides the perfect balance and complexity.
- If you want to make it boozy, you can add a splash of vodka, gin, rum, or even tequila!
- 1 lb strawberries stems removed
- ¼ cup agave nectar
- ½ lemon (juice)
- ½ lime (juice)
- 3 cups ice
- Add the strawberries, agave nectar, lemon juice, and lime juice to a blender. Blend together until well combined.
- Add the ice. Pulse until smooth. (Don't overdo it or it may melt).
- Pour into 3-4 glasses. Serve and enjoy!