This recipe for homemade cinnamon whipped cream is so delicious and easy to make. Use it to top coffee, waffles, fresh fruit, pancakes, apple pie, or any other dessert!
This homemade cinnamon whipped cream is a favorite any time of the year, but especially in fall. The cinnamon just pairs beautifully with so many desserts in this fluffy whipped cream.
Not going to lie. I actually used this recipe to fancy up some frozen waffles. Have you ever had waffles with some homemade cinnamon whipped cream on them? If not, you must try it!
And then I had some of the whipped cream leftover, so I also used some to top my coffee. Talk about a fancy morning over here.
- Heavy cream
- Confectioner's (powdered) sugar
- Vanilla extract
How to make the cinnamon whipped cream:
Making the cinnamon whipped cream could not be easier. Place all the ingredients in the bowl of your stand mixer. Or, if you're using a handheld electric mixer, just a bowl.
Mix, mix, mix until it's the desired consistency. I like smooth and pillowy. You don't want to overwhip the cinnamon whipped cream, so watch it carefully!
How to get the perfect whipped cream consistency:
Really, it's a matter of figuring out what consistency you're going for. Do you want something really soft or a bit more firm?
The key is to watch it carefully and stop your mixer often to test out the consistency. And above else, do not overwhip. If you overwhip, you get the consistency closer to butter. And you don't want that. Watch it closely, and stop frequently to check on the consistency.
This cinnamon whipped cream can help elevate SO MANY foods. Here are a few ideas.
- Serve it alongside pie, like this Dutch Apple Pie
- Use it to top coffee or hot chocolate (if topping a hot drink, I recommend putting dollops of the whipped cream on a sheet pan in the freezer, freezing, and then pulling out the dollops to top the hot drink.)
- Top a cold drink like an iced or blended coffee drink
- Serve over pancakes, waffles, or french toast
- Serve with cooked cinnamon apples
- Serve it over some air fryer peaches or air fryer bananas
- Serve it with banana bread
- Use it to top ice cream
Like this recipe? Try these!
Cinnamon Whipped Cream
- 1 cup heavy cream
- ¼ cup confectioner's (powdered) sugar
- ½ teaspoon vanilla extract
- ½ teaspoon cinnamon
- Add the heavy cream, powdered sugar, vanilla extract, and cinnamon to a mixing bowl.
- Whisk on medium to medium-high speed until whipped cream reaches the desired consistency. Scrape down the sides of the bowl with a rubber spatula as needed.