This recipe for homemade cinnamon whipped cream is so delicious and easy to make. Use it to top coffee, waffles, pancakes, apple pie, or any other dessert!
For the first time in many many days, I don't think it got above 90 degrees here. And that means fall is right around the corner. And I am here for it. And I'm celebrating with this homemade cinnamon whipped cream.
Not going to lie. I actually used this recipe to fancy up some frozen waffles. Have you ever had waffles with some homemade cinnamon whipped cream on them? If not, you must try it!
And then I had some of the whipped cream leftover, so I also used some to top my coffee. Talk about a fancy morning over here.
- Heavy cream
- Confectioner's (powdered) sugar
- Vanilla extract
How to make the whipped cream:
Could not be easier. Place all the ingredients in the bowl of your stand mixer. Or, if you're using a handheld mixer, just a bowl.
Mix, mix, mix until it's the desired consistency. I like smooth and pillowy. You don't want to mix it so much that you get butter, so watch it carefully!
How to get the perfect whipped cream consistency:
Really, it's a matter of figuring out what consistency you're going for. Do you want something really soft or a bit more firm?
The key is to watch it carefully and stop your mixer often to test out the consistency. And above else, do not overwhip. If you overwhip, you get the consistency closer to butter. And you don't want that. Watch it closely, and stop frequently to check on the consistency.
What to serve the whipped cream on:
This cinnamon whipped cream can help elevate SO MANY foods. Here are a few ideas.
- Serve it alongside pie, like this Dutch Apple Pie
- Use it to top coffee or hot chocolate
- Serve over pancakes, waffles, or french toast
- Serve with cooked cinnamon apples
- Serve it with banana bread
- Use it to top ice cream
Cinnamon Whipped Cream
- 1 cup heavy cream
- ¼ cup confectioner's (powdered) sugar
- ½ tsp vanilla extract
- ½ tsp cinnamon
- Add the heavy cream, powdered sugar, vanilla extract, and cinnamon to a mixing bowl.
- Whisk on medium to medium-high speed until whipped cream reaches the desired consistency. Scrape down the sides of the bowl with a rubber spatula as needed.