This recipe for homemade creamy apple cider vinaigrette dressing is so easy to make. This is a delicious dressing that brightens up any dish.
I've recently discovered how easy it is to make your own homemade salad dressing. Combine a few ingredients, shake them up in a jar, and pour over a salad. It's a little dangerous. Or is it?
Maybe it will convince me to eat more salads. Lately I've been making this creamy apple cider vinaigrette with dijon mustard that is slightly sweet and perfectly bright.
This simple apple cider vinegar salad dressing is just extra virgin olive oil, apple cider vinegar, honey, dijon mustard, and a little salt and pepper. So easy. You can always make it a little fancier with some herbs (dried or fresh).
I find that the combination of the oil, honey, and dijon mustard helps make the apple cider vinaigrette a little creamy and gives it more depth. I love it! If you want to make it even creamier, add a scoop of Greek yogurt
- Extra virgin olive oil - Choose your favorite extra virgin olive oil.
- Apple cider vinegar - I always keep a bottle of this around!
- Honey - I prefer to use local honey, but use what you can find. Just this little touch of honey gives the dressing a nice balance of sweet.
- Dijon mustard - Dijon mustard adds a slight tanginess to this dressing, and it helps it emulsify (aka mix together).
- Salt - a sprinkling of salt
- Pepper - a touch of pepper
- Greek yogurt (optional) - to make it extra-creamy, add a spoonful of Greek yogurt to the vinaigrette
If you would prefer to use maple syrup, you can substitute that for the honey to make this vegan.
Either stone-ground dijon mustard or regular dijon mustard works well for this recipe. Plain yellow mustard isn't the same, so I would avoid using regular yellow mustard.
How to make creamy apple cider vinaigrette
The easiest way to make this creamy apple cider vinaigrette is to combine all the ingredients into a jar, screw on a lid, and shake shake shake.
It is VERY important to make sure that lid is on there and isn't going anywhere. Trust me, you don't want oil and vinegar all over your kitchen.
If you don't have a jar with a lid that screws on, you can use a storage container like tupperware, but make sure that lid isn't going anywhere.
You can also use a blender or immersion blender to blend the vinaigrette together.
How long will the vinaigrette last?
This creamy apple cider vinaigrette salad dressing will last up to two weeks in the refrigerator.
After it sits for a bit, the ingredients separate again. Look at the photo below to see how all the ingredients have separated!
When that happens, just shake vigorously again to get them all combined again before you pour over your salad. And then voila! Combined again.
More recipes to love
- Preserved lemon vinaigrette
- Chipotle mayo
- Calabrian butter
- Harissa butter
- Cava copycat bowls
- Harissa vinaigrette
Creamy Apple Cider Vinaigrette
- ½ cup extra virgin olive oil
- ¼ cup apple cider vinegar
- 2 teaspoon dijon mustard
- 2 teaspoon honey
- black pepper
- 1 Tablespoon Greek yogurt optional
- Grab a jar or other container that can be closed tightly.
- Add all ingredients to the jar and shake vigorously until combined. Pour over your favorite salad or salad bowl.
If nutrition info is shown, values are based on an online calculator and are estimates. Please verify using your own data.