This recipe for homemade apple cider vinaigrette dressing is so easy to make. This is a delicious dressing that brightens up any dish. It's delicious on salads, salad bowls, or even drizzled over vegetables or chicken!
I've recently discovered how easy it is to make your own homemade salad dressing. Combine a few ingredients, shake them up in a jar, and pour over a salad. It's a little dangerous. Or is it? Maybe it will convince me to eat more salads. Lately I've been making this apple cider vinaigrette with dijon mustard that is slightly sweet and perfectly bright.
This simple apple cider vinegar salad dressing is just extra virgin olive oil, apple cider vinegar, honey, dijon mustard, and a little salt and pepper. So easy. You can always make it a little fancier with some herbs (dried or fresh).
- Extra virgin olive oil - Choose your favorite extra virgin olive oil.
- Apple cider vinegar - I always keep a bottle of this around!
- Honey - I prefer to use local honey, but use what you can find. Just this little touch of honey gives the dressing a nice balance of sweet.
- Dijon mustard - Dijon mustard adds a slight tanginess to this dressing, and it helps it emulsify (aka mix together).
- Salt - a sprinkling of salt
- Pepper - a touch of pepper
If you would prefer to use maple syrup, you can substitute that for the honey to make this vegan.
Either stone-ground dijon mustard or regular dijon mustard works well for this recipe. Plain yellow mustard isn't the same, so I would avoid using regular yellow mustard. Want to learn more about types of mustard? Check them out here.
Mixing the vinaigrette:
The easiest way to make this apple cider vinaigrette is to combine all the ingredients into a jar, screw on a lid, and shake shake shake.
VERY important to make sure that lid is on there and isn't going anywhere. Trust me, you don't want oil and vinegar all over your kitchen. If you don't have a jar with a lid that screws on, you can use a storage container like tupperware, but make sure that lid isn't going anywhere.
How long will the vinaigrette last?
This apple cider vinaigrette salad dressing will last up to two weeks in the refrigerator.
After it sits for a bit, the ingredients separate again. Look at the photo below to see how all the ingredients have separated!
When that happens, just shake vigorously again to get them all combined again before you pour over your salad. And then voila! Combined again.
Apple Cider Vinaigrette Salad Dressing
- ½ cup extra virgin olive oil
- ¼ cup apple cider vinegar
- 2 teaspoon dijon mustard
- 2 teaspoon honey
- black pepper
- Grab a jar or other container that can be closed tightly.
- Add all ingredients to the jar and shake vigorously until combined. Pour over your favorite salad or salad bowl.