These Italian French fries are tossed in olive oil and spices and then baked to the perfect crispness in the oven. They are a crispy and flavorful french fry that are even more delicious when topped with freshly grated cheese.
Who doesn't love oven-baked fries? They are a much healthier version of French fries, and are even easier to make. And if done properly, they are crisp and delicious.
These fries are flavored with Italian seasonings and then sliced and baked at the perfect temperature to get crispy on the outside while the inside stays light and fluffy.
- Russet potatoes
- Olive oil
- Garlic powder
- Italian seasoning
- Salt and pepper
- Parmesan cheese (ideally freshly grated)
- Fresh herbs (optional)
What makes these fries Italian?
Are Italian French Fries a thing? Probably not. But these are seasoned with Italian flavors. So they are fries that are inspired by Italian flavors. And topped with delicious Parmesan cheese.
What if I don't have Italian seasoning?
If you don't have Italian seasoning, you can create your own blend by using dried basil, dried rosemary, dried oregano, and dried thyme. Or, you can use whichever of these spices you have on hand.
Why make these:
- Oven roasted fries are crispy and delicious.
- The Italian seasoning makes the fries so flavorful.
- The Parmesan cheese takes the fries to the next level with flavor. And then you can eat as is, or with your preferred dipping sauce.
What to serve with the fries:
How to make:
Preheat your oven! Next, take each potato and wash and dry it.
Slice each potato into 8 pieces. They should be in a wedge shape, as shown below. You slice each potato in half, then in half again, and then in half one more time, until each potato makes 8 wedges.
Add the potatoes to a large bowl, then drizzle with the olive oil, salt, pepper, and spices.
Toss together until potatoes are coated with oil and spices.
Place on a baking sheet (I lined mine with parchment paper).
Bake, flipping halfway.
Plate, then top with parmesan and any fresh herbs.
Oven Roasted Italian French Fries
- 3 russet potatoes medium-sized
- 2 Tablespoons olive oil
- 1 teaspoon Italian seasoning
- ¼ teaspoon garlic powder
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ¼ teaspoon black pepper
- 2 Tablespoon parmesan cheese freshly grated
- fresh herbs optional
- Preheat your oven to 425 degrees F. Take a baking sheet and line with parchment paper or foil (optional).
- Wash and dry the russet potatoes. Cut each potato into 8 wedges.
- Add the potato wedges to a large bowl. Add the olive oil, Italian seasoning, garlic powder, salt, and pepper. Toss to combine.
- Line up on a baking sheet, allowing for space in between each wedge.
- Bake for 15 minutes, then flip and cook for another 15 minutes.
- Remove from the oven, then plate and top with fresh parmesan cheese and fresh herbs (optional).
- This recipe can use 3 medium russet potatoes, 2 large russet potatoes, or 4 small russet potatoes.
- If you don't have fresh parmesan cheese, you can sprinkle grated parmesan over the top or use mozzarella or romano cheese.
- These fries can be served with your favorite dipping sauce, or marinara sauce.
- This recipe can serve 4 people if served with another main dish and vegetable or 2 people if it is the only vegetable. Or maybe 1 person if you're eating it as the main dish or a large snack!