This cranberry crumble recipe is so delicious to make when cranberries are in season! It's easy to make and the perfect holiday dessert to use fresh cranberries.
This post contains some affiliate links, which means that I make a small commission off items you purchase at no additional cost to you. As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.
This cranberry crumble recipe uses fresh cranberries, orange, and sugar, to make a dessert that is perfectly tart, sweet, and delicious.
I love it because this cranberry crisp is just full of holiday flavors! It's a delicious and festive dessert for the holidays that's not overly sweet. The cranberries and orange juice and zest help the crisp be tart, while the crumble topping helps with a nice sweetness.
I personally love the tartness, because I don't like my desserts overly sweet. If you want a cranberry crumble that is sweeter, you can either make sure you're serving with ice cream, sweetened whipped cream, or you can add more sugar to the filling! We dropped some off at my mom's house (she has a sweet tooth), and she said served with ice cream, this was perfect for her!
- Fresh cranberries
- Brown sugar
- Vanilla extract
- Cooking spray (or butter) - to grease the pan
Where can you find fresh cranberries?
Cranberries can be hard to find normally, but close to the holidays they start showing up! You can find them in the fresh produce section of your grocery store. I've been getting a ton this holiday season to make in desserts like this cranberry crumble and in cranberry simple syrup so I can make mocktails like this cranberry fizz mocktail.
How do you zest an orange?
Zesting an orange is so easy! Simply use a microplane like this to zest your orange. The zest is the orange part of the peel. You don't zest the white part, because that is the pith and is bitter. You only want the orange part.
I love having a microplane. I use it for lemon, lime, and orange zest. I also use it to get freshly shaved parmesan cheese. And it's perfect for grating garlic and ginger, too! It's one of my must-have kitchen tools.
How to serve the cranberry crumble:
I absolutely love this cranberry crumble served with vanilla ice cream or freshly whipped cream. I like to flavor my whipped cream with sugar and a little bit of almond or vanilla extract. You can also serve holiday dessert with this cinnamon whipped cream.
Other dessert recipes to make:
- Dutch Apple Pie with a Crumble Topping
- Pineapple Cherry Dump Cake
- Easy Banana Pudding
- Pecan Banana Bread
- Chess Bars
How to make the cranberry crumble:
Preheat your oven to 350 degrees F and grease an 8x11 casserole dish (you can also use a 9x9 pan).
Next, in a large bowl, add your washed cranberries, orange zest, orange juice, vanilla extract, and brown sugar.
Next, stir to combine all the ingredients. Pour the sugared cranberry mixture into your greased baking dish.
In a medium bowl, add the room temperature butter, flour, and brown sugar. Press together with a fork until mixed together and crumbly. This will be the topping for your cranberry crumble. Sprinkle over the top of the cranberries.
Place in the oven and bake for 30 minutes until crumble topping is nicely browned.
Place on a cooling rack to cool for 5-10 minutes, then serve. Plate, then serve on its own or with whipped cream or ice cream.
For the filling
- 24 oz fresh cranberries
- zest of one orange
- ⅓ cup freshly squeezed orange juice
- ¾ cup brown sugar packed
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
For the crumb topping
- ¾ cup flour
- ¾ cup brown sugar packed
- ⅓ cup butter room temperature
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F. Take an 8x11 or 9x9 baking dish and grease with butter or cooking spray.
- Into a large bowl, add your freshly washed cranberries. Wash and zest and orange into the bowl.
- Cut oranges and squeeze until you get ⅓ cup juice. Add it to the bowl.
- Add ¾ cup brown sugar and the vanilla extract to the bowl and stir until everything is combined. Pour the filling into your baking dish.
- In a medium bowl, add the flour, brown sugar, and room temperature butter. Mix together with a fork until the butter in incorporated and you get a crumbly texture. Pour the crumble topping over the strawberries.
- Bake for 30 minutes. Remove from the oven, let cool on a cooling rack for 10 minutes, then serve.