The Georgian Holiday is a peach rum cocktail. It brings together bright flavors of lemon, peaches, and fresh herbs and is topped with bubbly water for a refreshing summer drink.
We’re smack in the middle of peach season, and Aimee and I are trying our hands at different peach recipes (check out her yummy panzanella dish). So what do I do when life gives me peaches? I make peach lemonade… and add lots of rum. It's a tasty peach cocktail with a kick.
The Georgian Holiday is a seasonal peach-lemonade with rum, basil and mint. I recommend white peaches if you can find them – the fruit holds up a bit better than yellow peaches and are the perfect balance of sweet and sour.
Handcrafted, made-to-order cocktails are the best. But when you want to enjoy a party instead of being shackled to the bar all evening, a pre-made punch can free you up to enjoy yourself. I’ll make a pitcher of Georgian Holidays and take them to the pool, or on a picnic, along with some cold, bubbly Topo Chico.
To make a mocktail version, instead of rum, mix the lemonade concentrate with water. It's not as fun, but you'll still have a delicious peach mocktail by your side, so who cares? Then it's kid-friendly too!
- Can of lemonade concentrate
- Fresh basil leaves
- Fresh mint leaves
- Peaches (white or yellow)
- Topo-Chico or sparkling water
- Basil/mint/lemon slices for garnish (optional)
How to make the peachy punch
To make the drink, first you'll make the lemonade/rum mixture. Take the frozen lemonade concentrate and empty it into a pitcher. Then take that empty lemonade concentrate can and fill it with rum. Pour that into the pitcher. Then take that lemonade concentrate can and measure out half of it with rum, then pour that into the pitcher.
So your mixture will be 1 can lemonade concentrate and 1 and a half cans of rum.
Add some basil leaves and mint leaves to the pitcher to infuse, stir it all together, then place into the refrigerator and chill until needed.
Once you're ready to make the cocktail, you'll peel and pit your peaches.
For each drink, you'll take about a quarter of a peach, diced, and place it into a tall glass. Muddle the peach with a few basil and mint leaves. The add ice to the glass.
Pour the lemonade mixture (straining out any of the basil and mint leaves that were infusing), until the glass is half full. Add Topo-Chico or sparkling water to the glass. Stir to combine all the ingredients. Garnish with more basil and mint leaves if desired!
Georgian Holiday: A peachy rum punch
- 1 can frozen lemonade
- 1 ½ cans rum "cans" are measured from the empty frozen lemonade can
- 2 or 3 peaches peeled, pitted and diced
- 1 bunch fresh mint
- 1 bunch fresh basil
- Topo Chico or club soda to taste
- Empty can of frozen lemonade into a 2-quart pitcher
- Use the empty lemonade can to measure out 1 ½ cans of rum to the pitcher
- Add 8 basil leaves and 6 mint leaves, reserve the rest for garnish
- Shake or stir ingredients and chill in the refrigerator until needed
- In a highball (or tall) glass, muddle 1/4 of a peach, a few basil leaves, and a few mint leaves.
- Add a bunch of ice, then strain the lemonade mix and fill the glass halfway. Top with Topo-Chico or sparkling water.
- Stir and garnish with basil and mint leaves.