Air Fryer Zaatar Zucchini comes out perfectly roasted and crisped in the air fryer! It's a delicious vegetable seasoned with Middle Eastern spices. This air fryer zaatar zucchini is a delicious side dish that pairs great with chicken, lamb, or just in a grain bowl or pasta!
This post contains some affiliate links, which means that I make a small commission off items you purchase at no additional cost to you. As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.
One of my favorite things to make is vegetables that crisp up nice and delicious. Toss them in a bit of oil, a bit of seasoning, and they're ready in a flash! This air fryer zaatar zucchini is one of my favorites! It has just the right amount of spice and the right amount of crispness.
Why make zucchini in the air fryer?
These days, I love making zucchini in the air fryer even more than the oven! There are so many benefits.
First, no preheating required. Second, it cooks quicker than the oven. Third, it gets perfectly roasted.
This air fryer zucchini recipe is so easy to make! It's seasoned with zaatar seasoning, which is a mixture of other spices all put together!
- Olive oil
- Zaatar seasoning
What is zaatar seasoning?
Zaatar seasoning is a Middle Eastern spice blend that is so tasty! It varies what it's made of, but it's usually dried thyme, dried oregano, sumac, marjoram, toasted sesame seeds, and salt. It's delicious and flavorful. It's the perfect seasoning to add to vegetables before roasting!
You can find zaatar seasoning at most grocery stores, just look in the spice section! If you can't find it at your regular grocery store, try a store specializing in Middle Eastern ingredients, or get it on Amazon here! We've also found it at our Trader Joe's store!
What air fryer to use?
You can use any air fryer to make this! I have the basket kind. I have a large air fryer, but this recipe would work great in a smaller air fryer like this one too. Regardless, just shake a couple of times, while cooking and check frequently to see if it's done!
This recipe is also great doubled if you're making for several people! I say one zucchini per person. So if you're making for 2 people, double the recipe. If you're making for 4, quadrapule!
How to make the air fryer zucchini:
The first step is to cut your zucchini into cubes. Try for cubes about ½ an inch. If you wind up doing larger cubes, it's fine. It just may take a little longer to cook in your air fryer.
Add your zucchini cubes to a bowl, then add the olive oil and zaatar seasoning and toss to combine.
Add to your air fryer and cook at 400 degrees F for 9-10 minutes, shaking halfway and checking frequently.
Remove, and plate!
Air Fryer Zaatar Zucchini
- 1 zucchini
- 1 Tbsp olive oil
- ½ tsp zaatar seasoning
- Cut the ends off the zucchini, then dice into ½ inch cubes.
- Place the zucchini in a bowl, then toss with the olive oil and zaatar spice.
- Place in the air fryer, and spread out. Cook for 9-10 minutes at 400 degrees F, shaking halfway through. Check frequently for doneness!
- Remove and serve.
- Every air fryer cooks differently. And air fryers may take longer depending on size and if you're cooking a larger amount. Always test for doneness. Your air fryer may take shorter or longer, depending on how much zucchini you're cooking and how large your air fryer is.
- If you've cut your zucchini into larger pieces, they may take longer to cook. Start testing for doneness around 8-9 minutes, but cook longer if needed until done.