Air fryer cheesy spaghetti squash boats are a delicious and easy meal to make in the air fryer. The spaghetti squash gets cooked in the air fryer then filled with tomato sauce and topped with mozzarella cheese.
I love making all kinds of squash in my air fryer. No preheating required! So it's quick and easy.
Air fryer spaghetti squash is delicious, but do you know what is even more delicious? Filling the spaghetti squash boat with tomato sauce or marinara sauce and then topping with mozzarella cheese.
Stick that whole thing back in the air fryer to get perfectly broiled and you've got a cheesy spaghetti squash boat that is gooey and so delicious.
This makes me think of if pizza and spaghetti squash had a baby. Or almost like a version of low carb lasagna. Either way, it's delicious and easy.
- Spaghetti Squash
- Olive oil
- Tomato sauce or marinara sauce
- Mozzarella cheese
- Oregano (optional)
- Fresh basil (optional)
Substitutions and Customizations
For this recipe, you could use regular canned tomato sauce or marinara sauce. If using just tomato sauce, you might want to add some additional herbs and spices for seasoning like dried oregano, Italian seasoning, and some garlic and onion powder.
Want even more cheesy flavor in your spaghetti squash boar? You can also add some freshly grated parmesan cheese when adding the mozzarella cheese.
And of course, you could add some cooked chicken or cooked ground beef to the spaghetti squash mixture before topping with cheese!
How to serve
I love to serve as is! These cheesy spaghetti squash boats make a great lunch or dinner. I usually add some freshly chopped basil to mine.
If serving one boat (half the spaghetti squash) per person for dinner, you may want to also include a side dish or main course. Here's a few ideas.
- Tuscan Kale Salad with Apples
- Air Fryer Crispy Chicken Cutlet
- Air Fryer Honey Mustard Salmon
- Air Fryer Mediterranean Vegetables
Tip for cutting spaghetti squash
Spaghetti squash can be hard to cut. Here's a protip to make it easier.
Poke your spaghetti squash with a fork all over. Then place in the microwave for 5 minutes.
Remove from the microwave and cut in half. You'll still need to out put in some effort, but this does soften the squash slightly and make it easier to slice in half.
How to store leftovers
Leftovers of the air fryer spaghetti squash can be stored in an airtight container in the refrigerator for 2-3 days.
To reheat, either place back in the air fryer and reheat at 350 F until warmed through or place in the oven and reheat at 350 degrees F until hot.
- If you can, try to find a smaller spaghetti squash that will fit in your air fryer basket.
- All air fryers cook differently. Adjust cooking times as needed.
More air fryer squash recipes
- Air Fryer Butternut Squash Halves
- Air Fryer Acorn Squash
- Air Fryer Delicata Squash
- Air Fryer Honeynut Squash
- Air Fryer Brown Sugar Butternut Squash Cubes
How to make the cheesy spaghetti squash
First, slice your spaghetti squash in half through the stem and scoop out the seeds.
Next rub olive oil over the cut surface of the squash and season with salt and pepper.
Place the squash face down in the air fryer basket. If your squash is larger, it's okay if they overlap slightly.
Air fry for 20 minutes at 380 degrees F, then flip and air fry for another 10 minutes.
With a fork, scrape the insides of the spaghetti squash to form spaghetti-like strands.
Add your tomato sauce, marinara sauce, or pizza sauce to the squash strands.
Stir to combine. Add any herbs or spices.
Top with mozzarella cheese.
Air fry at 380 degrees F for another 5 minutes until cheese is bubby and browning.
Top with fresh basil if you like and enjoy!
More recipes to love
Air Fryer Cheesy Spaghetti Squash Boats
- 1 spaghetti squash
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 8 ounces tomato sauce or marinara sauce
- ½ teaspoon dried oregano
- ⅔ cup shredded mozzarella cheese
- Cut the spaghetti squash in half through the stem. Drizzle olive oil onto the cut sides of the squash. Rub into the surface of the squash. Season with salt and pepper.
- Place the spaghetti squash in the air fryer basket, cut side down. Air fry at 380 degrees F for 20 minutes, then flip and cook for another 10 minutes.
- Leaving the spaghetti squash in the air fryer basket, form spaghetti strands by scraping the inside of the squash with a fork.
- Add tomato sauce and any herbs or spices to the squash and stir with the fork to combine.
- Top with mozzarella cheese.
- Place spaghetti squash back in the air fryer and cook at 380 F for 5 minutes.
If nutrition info is shown, values are based on an online calculator and are estimates. Please verify using your own data.
Leave a Reply