Coconut oil roasted sweet potatoes are a delicious and healthy fall dish. These sweet potato cubes are roasted in coconut oil and seasoned with dried herbs. They can be enjoyed as a side dish, in grain bowls, or in salads.
Sweet potatoes are kinda like candy, right? I mean, they have the word "sweet" right there in the name.
Okay, maybe not.
But when you caramelize them up and roast them in the oven, it does bring out their sweet flavor. I think of it like a healthy treat. And I probably eat them WAY too much this time of year.
Lately, I've been using coconut oil to roast them up and give them a nice flavor.
They are so easy, you can make them quickly and use then as a delicious sweet potato dish for Thanksgiving or any other fall gathering!
- Sweet potatoes, cubed into chunks
- Coconut oil
- Dried sage
Add a bit of heat with a pinch of ground cayenne pepper or a dash of red pepper flakes.
Instead of sage, use oregano, herbs de provence, or dried thyme.
What to serve with the sweet potatoes
I love sweet potatoes SO many ways. But these coconut oil sweet potatoes are especially great as a side dish to meals like chicken piccata, air fryer chicken cutlet, panko parmesan cod, and baked cod with a lemon herb sauce.
You can also serve them in salads, and on top of easy farro bowls.
- All ovens cook differently. Adjust cooking times as needed.
- If you don't have coconut oil, use olive oil or avocado oil.
How to make coconut oil sweet potatoes
Preheat your oven to 400 degrees F. Then, wash and scrub the sweet potatoes.
Cut the sweet potatoes into cubes -- about 1-1.5 inches big and then add to a bowl. To the bowl, add the coconut oil (if your coconut oil is solid, warm up so that it becomes liquid), the sage, salt, and pepper. Stir to combine.
Then place on a parchment-lined baking sheet and bake for 25 minutes. Remove from the oven, stir, then bake for another 10-15 minutes until crispy and baked through.
More recipes to love
Coconut Oil Roasted Sweet Potatoes
- 2 large sweet potatoes
- 2 tablespoon coconut oil
- ¼ teaspoon sage
- ⅛ teaspoon pepper
- ⅛ teaspoon salt
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F.
- Cut sweet potatoes into medium cubes and put into a bowl.
- Heat the coconut oil (if solid) until it is liquid. Pour coconut oil over the potatoes and stir. Add the sage, salt, and pepper and stir to combine.
- Spread the mixture onto a parchment-lined baking sheet.
- After 25 minutes, remove from oven and stir. Then continue cooking for an additional 10-15 minutes.
If nutrition info is shown, values are based on an online calculator and are estimates. Please verify using your own data.
Leave a Reply